• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Maquire moved from Oxford to ....Bury. I think they could do quite well if they all gel.

A lot of players to bed in though for Lee Clark. Could all click or could have a lot of unhappy players not playing.

Bury is spending money they don't have on players with their 3k crowds avag.

They have pulled in a couple of million in transfer fees in the last 12 months.

Jacob Bedeau £900k form Villa
James Vaughan £900k Sunderland
Will Ferry Southampton and
George Miller Middlesborough

Is it me or is that rather odd? Ajose remains as a Charlton player (in the same league) but has gone out on loan again. Do they (Charlton) want him or not? Or is it a case of Ajose being on a good contract in this league and Charlton are trying to limit the cost of Ajose by loaning him out?

And will Charlton be able to "call him back" if they have need of his services?

I don't like all this. For me it's all a bit of a mockery. I would even go as far as saying farcical. :sad:

Charlton have paid silly money I think for an above average L1 striker. Finding another L1 cub to pay him that given he has failed at Charlton is not going to happen- so its the next best option. If by some chance he scores plenty then his stock might recover and Charlton will have a better chance to recoup. Unfortunately for Bury both Ajose and Beckford have both probably had there day in the sun..

I fear Bury are trying to show you can spend a lot and get nowhere

Northampton sign Aaron Pierre, perhaps someone we could've looked at. They are building a good team, think it will be very competitive next season and we definitely still need 2 or 3 signings.

Quite a few teams taking youngsters on loan from the top division now. Is that good business in that they may develop a player of real quality or does this show that their squads are a little thin in places?

Northampton sign Aaron Pierre, perhaps someone we could've looked at. They are building a good team, think it will be very competitive next season and we definitely still need 2 or 3 signings.

I really wanted him, a really good CB. The cobblers will be a strong force next season. It's going to be a real strong league next year. The likes of Wimbledon having Trotter and Abdou as their CM partnership is really solid. Like others have said, we need a few new ones through the door.

I see Rochdale have signed Kgosi Ntlhe from Stevenage.

I can see a number of ground announcers struggling with that. Otherwise his name reminds me of a nightmare Countdown selection.

I have letters with Sloting - I am quite pleased with that. :smile:

There is a slight sense of deja vu as we head towards kick off, with Michael Turner getting injured and and the misfortune to Ben, Wordsworth still out ( finally made the bench towards the end of September last year ) and more than a sense we are light at the back and in midfield. We went one better in being the last club to sign anyone this year , although had got our first season long signing in by now. Ranger did start off but got the ankle injury and didnt reappear until early October and then Innis and Sokolik came along.
With Turner out Im not yet feeling we are especially strengthened as Hendrie by his own admission had lost confidence and form last year. The youngsters may do well but need time to develop consistency. It will be interesting to see how the likes of Bury and Northampton go with their 27 close season signings between them. Bury added 5 strikers, all their 16 new arrivals were free transfers apart from one, not sure how they pulled off 4 loanees. Justin Edinburgh brought in eleven and 5 new strikers, coughing up 3 undisclosed fees.. Will they both do a Port Vale though amid discontent in the ranks?

Ben Reeves supposedly signing for Charlton today. I think they will be a major threat with him in the side.

I see Rochdale have signed Kgosi Ntlhe from Stevenage.

I can see a number of ground announcers struggling with that. Otherwise his name reminds me of a nightmare Countdown selection.

I have letters with Sloting - I am quite pleased with that. :smile:

We'll need to watch out for him ghosting in at the far post, otherwise we'll end up with 0 points (much like you when you misspelt slotting).

I'm guessing we'll see the state of the squad and get loanees in last minute. If we are short in CM I can see Luke Amos coming back, doesn't look like spurs are going to use him and I know that he was a good fit in the squad last season

Bury have signed Harry Bunn, they've built themselves a good team.

Back