• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jason Williams

It does surprise me, he obviously isn't up to football league standards but in his loan spells at Chelmsford he looked like a good conference south striker and his scoring record backed that up. Looked like a really good signing for Concord when I saw it.

I remember Glen Hoddle talking about when a journalist asked him if leaving Paul Gascoigne out of Englands world cup squad was the hardest thing he has had to do in management? he replied no, telling a 18 year old who has spent the last seven or more years working and dreaming at being a pro footballer that they're not going to make it was.
I hope he finds his feet soon.

I remember Glen Hoddle talking about when a journalist asked him if leaving Paul Gascoigne out of Englands world cup squad was the hardest thing he has had to do in management? he replied no, telling a 18 year old who has spent the last seven or more years working and dreaming at being a pro footballer that they're not going to make it was.

I bet that turned out to be a terrible decision too.

Which may explain why he now runs an academy in Spain for players that have been released.

He never had any talent to waste.

Not so. Ricky Otto reckons Williams could have made a decent Conference South striker - that's not a bad level to play at and a lot better than my Sunday league achievements.

I can't see that is is "cool" to denigrate or belittle Williams at the moment.

Playing for Bishop Stortford and scored last night.

omg I'm going over to see them on the 28th of this month, wonder if he'll still be involved then:omg:

From a little bit of research he has played the last two games and scored in both.

Playing for Bishop Stortford and scored last night.

Glad to hear, heard Braintree didn't want to take him as they felt his head wasn't right and he thought football owed him something. He should be a goalscorer at that level

Doesn't surprise me that Bishop Stortford picked him up, Steve Smith the owner/chairman was assistant manager at Chelmsford under Hawkes and Maher for both his loan spells

Some comments on here gone a bit too far to be honest. He worked hard, never complained and always ready to serve our club. He was a bit bulky but doubt you would be mocking Akinfenwa he was banging in goals for us. He clearly wasn't going to be challenging for a place in League 1 so good he is getting a game and another chance to impress

goodluck to the lad,i wish him well,At least he can find the back of the net which is more than our strikers can do .

Back