• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Farron resigns

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Great timing dufus. He gets the best gains for any party( 50%) then chucks the towel in. Grow a pair someone.

Certainly came as a shock to me, it seems to be a clash between his religious beliefs and the views of some other party members over the GLBT community.

Why today as well? It would have been met with minimal fanfare anyway, but obviously there is only one story anyone cares about today.

Jo Swinson next I guess.

Why today as well? It would have been met with minimal fanfare anyway, but obviously there is only one story anyone cares about today.

Jo Swinson next I guess.

Brian Paddick effectively called him out over it

The issue wasn't so much about Farron's personal beliefs (his actual policies and voting record on the subject was clearly superior to that of May's) but his inability to answer questions about it. That clearly damaged the Lib Dem campaign.

I'm still not sure why he was asked that question yet daughter of a vicar Theresa May wasn't.

Swinson the favourite but I'd watch out for Ed Davey as well.

The situation is very interesting. A few years ago it seemed that you couldn't be a high level Politician unless you believed in god. Now that belief is seen as a hindrance if it conflicts with views on such things as gay rights and other LGBT issues.

Overall, I would say this was a good thing. IMO, too many politicians have done bad things but have played the good Christian trump card in order to ease their conscience.

The situation is very interesting. A few years ago it seemed that you couldn't be a high level Politician unless you believed in god. Now that belief is seen as a hindrance if it conflicts with views on such things as gay rights and other LGBT issues.

Overall, I would say this was a good thing. IMO, too many politicians have done bad things but have played the good Christian trump card in order to ease their conscience.

Fair enough post.

Agree. Well, I would agree if it was the same for all. If Muslim politicians came under the same level of scrutiny on homosexuality there would perhaps be a more level playing field.

Dear god, I've just witnessed their Party Political Broadcast......:stunned: The creators of W1A should sue...or not, as that's funny.

Back