• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

that top away one is the Coventry city home shirt from last season nooooooooooo thanks also the last with orange is ok but it wont be with black sleaves that I can assure you
Who are "black sleaves"? I would have thought we'd have gone for Adidas or Avec if we were going to leave Nike, never heard of these "black sleaves"...

that top away one is the Coventry city home shirt from last season nooooooooooo thanks also the last with orange is ok but it wont be with black sleaves that I can assure you

Spoiler:  

I really hope it has black SLEEVES.

I don't mind an orange away kit but I do wish we would just identify an away colour and stick with it. Every year it's just random

The home and away kits from the 14/15 season are the 2 nicest imo from recent memory. Loved that predominantly white home shirt.

Adidas do the best kids and Errea do some nice ones too, sadly we're probably stuck with Nike's uniforms as long as the club shop is associated with Just Sport.

Really, I reckon me and the wife did pretty well actually.

I don't mind an orange away kit but I do wish we would just identify an away colour and stick with it. Every year it's just random

The home and away kits from the 14/15 season are the 2 nicest imo from recent memory. Loved that predominantly white home shirt.

Absolutely.

Hash tag: Spoton

I'm pretty sure it's mixed up to maximise sales. I love the yellow away kits, but I can understand why the club do it. Business sense.

I am old Skool. I think a club should be identified by its kit..with fashion updates to keep shirts selling.
This applies to away kit too.
Pink shirts? Orange shirts? Hey they may look great but have absolutely nothing to do with Southend United.
As I say Old Skool who wants a club to be recognisable in colour but fashionable in design..

Last edited:
Trying to think of when we have previously had orange kits. The Wyndham Plastics one back in 2000/01 for sure - any others? Was orange ever an away colour prior to that?

Although we aren't alone there. In my mind, Everton's away kits should be yellow and blue, but in recent times that combination has hardly appeared at all

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Everton/Everton-change-kits.html

And good luck finding any sort of trend for Newcastle

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/Newcastle_United-change-kits.html

Of course, some teams stick a bit better to an away look. Arsenal are usually yellow...ish

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Arsenal/Arsenal-change-kits.html

I agree with you and for me a predominantly yellow away kit is the way ahead for SUFC, but the general trend these days does seem to be for a bit more randomness.

QUESTION:
Why, when I go into any 'local' sports shop; JD, Footlocker, JJB can I see WHam, Spurs, ManUre, Gooner shirts - but never Southend? We now have a mainstream kit maker, what is the barrier for the club to promote outside of the club shop?

I would also like to see a 'pop-up' shop in Southend High Street and a big push to local kids on supporting our local club. We don't seem to do it? I have on he very odd occasion seen the club mascots in the High Street trying to sell ticket, but why are we not promoting the club harder...

The shirt thing has always been an oddity !

QUESTION:
Why, when I go into any 'local' sports shop; JD, Footlocker, JJB can I see WHam, Spurs, ManUre, Gooner shirts - but never Southend? We now have a mainstream kit maker, what is the barrier for the club to promote outside of the club shop?

I would also like to see a 'pop-up' shop in Southend High Street and a big push to local kids on supporting our local club. We don't seem to do it? I have on he very odd occasion seen the club mascots in the High Street trying to sell ticket, but why are we not promoting the club harder...

The shirt thing has always been an oddity !

We may wear a Nike kit but we are not supplied by Nike. We are supplied a Nike kit by JustSport

Back