• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Some countries like Spain are proud to be EU members.Since Spain joined the EU and Nato back in the 80's, democracy has been locked in and substantial funds made available from the EU for infrastructure improvements.Spain is now a modern democratic country with much a better public transport than the UK,thanks to EU membership.The Spanish health system is better than the NHS too.

Some countries like Spain are proud to be EU members.Since Spain joined the EU and Nato back in the 80's, democracy has been locked in and substantial funds made available from the EU for infrastructure improvements.Spain is now a modern democratic country with much a better public transport than the UK,thanks to EU membership.The Spanish health system is better than the NHS too.

Same as Portugal. Last time I drove along the lovely and by English standard deserted six lane motorway, I had to admire the EU for spending all my money on such a scheme. Just think of all us Essex boys and girls who have spent decades queueing and clutching along the A13 and the A127 for the benefits of all you lovely Europeans.

Now lets hope we don't go wasting any of that £10b a year on the NHS and make sure it goes on infrastructure. If we then send back the homeless Eastern European drunks fighting in Southend High street and on the Cliffs, not only will our NHS be better but those that really need an ambulance will get one quicker on our new roads.

Are you implying that the strengths of the public transport and health care systems in Spain is down to the EU and it's funding?

Still, I know where I'd still prefer to live :thumbsup:

Non EU countries are also able to apply for funding from the EU.

I worked for a country that managed to secure close on 1 Billion Euros in funding over a ten year period (allowing 300,000 Euro of that figure was to promote the EU).

If you are an Horizon 20/20 member my understanding is that you are automatically eligible for funding (this covers Science and Research projects).

So the moral of the story is you don't have to pay in to get out....

For very good reasons that you still fail to understand. Not everyone, despite you're blinkered belief, voted leave solely on financial and immigration issues.

I think you'll find that nobody voted to become poorer as a result of Brexit, which is why you can expect a backlash fairly soon.

Same as Portugal. Last time I drove along the lovely and by English standard deserted six lane motorway, I had to admire the EU for spending all my money on such a scheme. Just think of all us Essex boys and girls who have spent decades queueing and clutching along the A13 and the A127 for the benefits of all you lovely Europeans.

Now lets hope we don't go wasting any of that £10b a year on the NHS and make sure it goes on infrastructure. If we then send back the homeless Eastern European drunks fighting in Southend High street and on the Cliffs, not only will our NHS be better but those that really need an ambulance will get one quicker on our new roads.

Actually, I was thinking more of Spain's excellent high speed rail network which is public.The motorway system (in Catalonia at least) while pretty good is privately run.

Are you implying that the strengths of the public transport and health care systems in Spain is down to the EU and it's funding?

Still, I know where I'd still prefer to live :thumbsup:

Public transport and infrastructure most certainly.Not health.(Although these days with the accesion of so many new EU member states ,Spain gets rather less out of the EU pot than it used to).

Like you,I also know where I prefer to live.:winking:

I think you'll find that nobody voted to become poorer as a result of Brexit, which is why you can expect a backlash fairly soon.

Who's poorer? I'm certainly not and if future overseas growth and investment forecasts in my company are anything to go by I certainly won't be in the foreseeable future.

And whether you're richer or poorer is a matter of perspective and context and certainly cannot be measured in general terms.

Actually, I was thinking more of Spain's excellent high speed rail network which is public.The motorway system (in Catalonia at least) while pretty good is privately run.

Public transport and infrastructure most certainly.Not health.(Although these days with the accesion of so many new EU member states ,Spain gets rather less out of the EU pot than it used to).

Like you,I also know where I prefer to live.:winking:

So proud of a system that somebody else paid for. How very strange.

So proud of a system that somebody else paid for. How very strange.

Not at all.It's a much better system than it was 40 years ago.As far as I'm concerned, I've contributed to the system by paying income tax on my earnings. AS LF has explained to you, some countries pay more into the EU than they get out and vice versa.

Who's poorer? I'm certainly not and if future overseas growth and investment forecasts in my company are anything to go by I certainly won't be in the foreseeable future.

And whether you're richer or poorer is a matter of perspective and context and certainly cannot be measured in general terms.

As you're no doubt aware, Brexit hasn't actually happened yet (some 18 months after the June 2016 referendum).

You personally might be richer after Brexit but that is unlikely to be the case for the rest of the country.

Your last statement is,of course,complete nonsense.

Not at all.It's a much better system than it was 40 years ago.As far as I'm concerned, I've contributed to the system by paying income tax on my earnings. AS LF has explained to you, some countries pay more into the EU than they get out and vice versa.

If I was having a wild guess I would say Bielzibubz, along with 17m others know that already.

With regard to the paying in bit. Spain not being one of them. For 2015

€8.7 billion paid in to the EU coffers

€13.7 billion received from the EU

Of course they love the EU.

I'm sure he does, though it would appear to be a concept he doesn't fully approve of.:winking:

Wrong again comrade. In some instances it's perfectly justifiable and right. In a great many others it isn't. Political and financial corruption is rampant throughout the EU from the very highest echelons of power down to the lowly civil servant wanting his little slice of that next great infrastructure project.

Wrong again comrade. In some instances it's perfectly justifiable and right. In a great many others it isn't. Political and financial corruption is rampant throughout the EU from the very highest echelons of power down to the lowly civil servant wanting his little slice of that next great infrastructure project.

Fits in nicely with some of your other conspiracy theories then.:winking:

With regard to the paying in bit. Spain not being one of them. For 2015

€8.7 billion paid in to the EU coffers

€13.7 billion received from the EU

Of course they love the EU.

No idea why you stopped in 2015 but it was certaintly my understanding that Spain has been a net beneficiary of EU membership,less so now since the new accession countries have swollen EU numbers, (as I said previously).

Back