Likes Likes:  479
Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 1,711 to 1,718 of 1718

Thread: Brexit negotiations thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tion-on-border

Did anyone really think it wouldn't all come down to this?
    You do know that the Guardian is paid and funded by HSBC. I find it strange that a man of your political background could be so fooled by private global company news.

Then again if you look into the US military studies on controlling the masses. They have found the easiest to fool are the left wing liberal degree educated people.

Guardian journalist Jonathan Freedland on question time last week was a perfect example of someone following the company agenda. Even managed to slip in, criticism of banks is anti-Semitism. Well done Jonathan two birds with one stone and a chance to silence any Labour mutterings about the corrupt banking system.

Anyway if we have any trouble with the Irish border we could adopt the Hungarian approach, they have been very successful. I hear there are plenty of men of military age and with military style training looking for something to do in that part of the world.

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    You do know that the Guardian is paid and funded by HSBC. I find it strange that a man of your political background could be so fooled by private global company news.

Then again if you look into the US military studies on controlling the masses. They have found the easiest to fool are the left wing liberal degree educated people.

Guardian journalist Jonathan Freedland on question time last week was a perfect example of someone following the company agenda. Even managed to slip in, criticism of banks is anti-Semitism. Well done Jonathan two birds with one stone and a chance to silence any Labour mutterings about the corrupt banking system.

Anyway if we have any trouble with the Irish border we could adopt the Hungarian approach, they have been very successful. I hear there are plenty of men of military age and with military style training looking for something to do in that part of the world.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ff-study-finds

All 4 Brexit scenarios will leave the UK worse off.

Wonder who Global Future is funded by?
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ff-study-finds

All 4 Brexit scenarios will leave the UK worse off.

Wonder who EU Future is funded by?
    I have not read anything which suggests any sort of plan for the EU to close the gap left by the loss of the UK monies, and Germany's economy is slowing, France is in dispute, euro is falling against £.
    I do agree that for maybe 5-10 years the UK will be worse off; as will the EU.
    Who is to blame?
    The likes of Bernier and Junker who refused to reach a reasonable compromise and deal acceptable to the UK electorate.
    They won't suffer as they have their EU gravy train massive pensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo Giovanni View Post
    Nor will Gove, Bojo & Farage. Can't say the same for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post

amazing bantz

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo Giovanni View Post
    I have not read anything which suggests any sort of plan for the EU to close the gap left by the loss of the UK monies, and Germany's economy is slowing, France is in dispute, euro is falling against £.
    I do agree that for maybe 5-10 years the UK will be worse off; as will the EU.
    Who is to blame?
    The likes of Bernier and Junker who refused to reach a reasonable compromise and deal acceptable to the UK electorate.
    The UK will be making contributions to the EU budget for some time to come (even if they crash out on WTO terms).

The recent appreciation of the pound against the dollar and (to a lesser extent) the euro is quite possibly of a temporary nature.Especially if interest rates in the UK go up later this year.

I'm not aware that the UK economy is currently performing better than the economies of Germany and France.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

Two stories running this morning. The NAO claiming that the Brexit divorce bill could be higher than forecast, yet some would have doubts behind the impetus for this research, as it was requested by Nicky Morgan..............not exactly unbiased! Certainly, as I see it, far the more important revelation is in the Telegraph (not exactly pro-remain). It leads its front page with "Ireland Brexit proposals in tatters," stating that the UK's proposed solutions for the Irish border have been blown out of the water by the EU. With the Lords vote and the impending one in the commons, what odds us staying in the (or a) customs union? More to the point, what use would Brexit then be???
    "Celui qui renonce à devenir meilleur cesse déjà d'être bon." L Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear up the cagire View Post
    Two stories running this morning. The NAO claiming that the Brexit divorce bill could be higher than forecast, yet some would have doubts behind the impetus for this research, as it was requested by Nicky Morgan..............not exactly unbiased! Certainly, as I see it, far the more important revelation is in the Telegraph (not exactly pro-remain). It leads its front page with "Ireland Brexit proposals in tatters," stating that the UK's proposed solutions for the Irish border have been blown out of the water by the EU. With the Lords vote and the impending one in the commons, what odds us staying in the (or a) customs union? More to the point, what use would Brexit then be???
    On which subject this is clearly where this link belongs http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-43829282

(rather than on the Trump thread).