• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Fits in nicely with some of your other conspiracy theories then.:winking:

Where as if you deny the truth then it is always a conspiracy.

By the way for your info the CIA invented and promoted the term 'Conspiracy theory' to silence anyone who asked difficult questions after the murder of JFK.

Last edited:

OMG! You really do live in a nice little left wing bubbly don't you :smile:

Blinkered and one dimensional political and social thinking is EXACTLY how the powers that be want it to be. On you their job is done.

If you don't have the ability to see out of that closed and one dimensional bubble you can't have the knowledge required to question others on their opinions. It's that simple. And because you're so blinkered in your views of society and life in general, incidentally, born out of you're closed political mindset, you refuse to or can't see what's going on. Deny anything that's doesn't fit the closed bubble and it'll never get popped :D

No corruption in the European Union whatsoever.....all those resignations over the last 20 years for corruption was fake news.
The Eu led investigations into corruption never happened either....it is as you suggest all a big conspiracy and complete fantasy on the part of anyone on these forums to suggest otherwise.

No corruption in the European Union whatsoever.....all those resignations over the last 20 years for corruption was fake news.
The Eu led investigations into corruption never happened either....it is as you suggest all a big conspiracy and complete fantasy on the part of anyone on these forums to suggest otherwise.

Love the way you guys try to shut down any alternative views to your own warped opinions.Keep up the good work.:smiles:

Love the way you guys try to shut down any alternative views to your own warped opinions.Keep up the good work.:smiles:

You don't have, or give, an alternative view. You merely made a sarcastic comment where by you called me, or implied that I am, a conspiracy theorist.

Now, if you'd like to discuss the points that Callan raised or why you think the EU accounts were, until very recently, never signed off as a true and accurate account of the EU annual finances please do start a thread so you can give your views.

Oh, and there's a difference between 'Fair & Accurate' and 'Free From Material Error'

The 'Free From Material Error' being the important part of the annual EU report.

A very good and fair point. In my travels through Europe I have seen very many signs evidencing work paid for by the EU; however I am struggling to recall ever seeing one of those "advertising hoardings" in the UK - maybe I have seen a few in Scotland? is this because work hasn't been financed/done in the UK or just no signage?
The EU does also have it's own out of empire foriegn aid fund which finances projects across non EU Europe (such as Albania and Georgia) but also in Asia Minor and North Africa; and of course French Caribbean and Pacific colonies (but not in UK territories such as Falklands).

Lots of EU boards and cash spent here in Cornwall.

edit:- replied to this post without seeing later posts.

Still loads of boards in Cornwall (some on projects I worked on before retirement - including some by Carillion who I briefly worked for after they took over Mowlems)

Last edited:

When the alternative view is complete stupidity ( that the EU does not suffer from corruption).... it really needs shutting down.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...our-majority-back-eu-single-market-membership

Interesting that the Labour leadership is likely to come under increased pressure from a majority of members who now support remaining in the single union and the customs union,according to an Observer poll.

You can always rely on some narcissistic lefties to ruin Labours and any Union's chances of victory.....That's why the likes of me and many of my fellow working class friends gave up on them years ago.

You can always rely on some narcissistic lefties to ruin Labours and any Union's chances of victory.....That's why the likes of me and many of my fellow working class friends gave up on them years ago.

That's a pity.There's a genuine debate going on in Labour about how the UK should best leave the EU.I don't see that sort of debate in any other political party.

That's a pity.There's a genuine debate going on in Labour about how the UK should best leave the EU.I don't see that sort of debate in any other political party.

No there is not. What we have are incompetent fools, from all side, dragging their feet in a selfish and desperate attempt to make it fail. For their own personal financial and career reasons and hoping they can say told you so.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/21/emmanuel-macron-uk-yes-no-brexit-vote-mistake

Thought Macron was incredibly honest in his interview on Marr yesterday.Basically he said that that Leave would probably have won a referendum in France but the French electorate would never have been offered such a binary choice.

So, the great and almighty EU is working well then is it. We voted leave, the French would more than likely vote leave. What more do you need to tell you perhaps the EU isn't all it's cracked up to be.

So, the great and almighty EU is working well then is it. We voted leave, the French would more than likely vote leave. What more do you need to tell you perhaps the EU isn't all it's cracked up to be.

You've missed the point.Macron was quite clear that the French electorate would not have been offered a binary choice of leaving or remaining in the EU.It's far too complex an issue for that,which I'm sure Cameron has learnt to his cost.

You might want to check out the Marr interview here:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episo...special-president-macron-talks-to-andrew-marr

Last edited:
I was an activist before I was old enough to vote but my first vote would have been Kinnock.

So you voted for Wilson, Callaghan and Foot and you stopped for Kinnock - is that right?

Before my time you have to be 18 to vote. Like all people growing up in the 70's my introduction to the politics of Wilson and Healy etc was via Mike Yarwood.

Before my time you have to be 18 to vote. Like all people growing up in the 70's my introduction to the politics of Wilson and Healy etc was via Mike Yarwood.

Ah.I voted for Wilson's government in the 6th form in 1970.

"Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, But to be young was very heaven!"
Wordsworth.

Back