• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Many of them may well respect the result and Democracy.
The issue with respect and democracy is that in terms of leaving the EU these are terms that are not being embraced by the people that count – the government. After two years they still haven’t decided what their interpretation of the result is. How can they negotiate with the EU when they can’t even negotiate an approach amongst the Cabinet. You – as a leave voter are being completely let down by the government. You told them what to do and they have effectively just said ‘we don’t know what you mean’ and that situation remains largely unchanged to date.

If there was a clear result and a procedure put in place and the process followed and some people wanted to reject that – you could rightly feel aggrieved. But the reality is that there was a result, the government are not clear what that actually means in practical terms or any idea how to put it into place. Can’t blame people for wanting to reject that mess.

and not necessarily because of Brexit but because under this government there is no plan for Brexit so big business want to move somewhere that they actually know the terms of business.

Alastair Campbell (remember him?) was on the Daily Politics earlier openly wondering if other big companies would now follow Airbus's lead and go public with their concerns.Co-guest Nigel Farage,perhaps unsuprisingly, didn't have an opinion to offer on that one.

Alastair Campbell (remember him?) was on the Daily Politics earlier openly wondering if other big companies would now follow Airbus's lead and go public with their concerns.Co-guest Nigel Farage,perhaps unsuprisingly, didn't have an opinion to offer on that one.

This was all covered in the Referendum.

If you remember, Airbus are only saying that because Cameron and Osborne told them to say that and they didn't want to upset the government.

This was all covered in the Referendum.

If you remember, Airbus are only saying that because Cameron and Osborne told them to say that and they didn't want to upset the government.

It's been two years since the referendum now.Remember this is no longer project fear.It's "a dawning reality."

See BMW have also now joined the chorus.https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44582831 Who's next?

Christ, don't you lot ever stop whining and winging? Who do you think your going to convince on here by your never ending moaning?

Especially you MK, bloody hell. What a drama queen....'Trouble is everyone will be to skint to go on holiday' :hilarious: You seriously believe that don't you?

Many of you talk like it's going to be the end of the world as we know it. Like the UK economy will crash like we've never seen before. Like it will take generations to recover from whatever fall out there is.

What I find truly astonishing is that so many of you on the left, and right for that matter (although many of them like me have given up posting in here but still watch from a distance and just laugh and shake our heads at the comments) are so entrenched in your political views that you cannot, will not and point blank refuse to see or even acknowledge anyone else's point of view or argument.

I see the same main news media stories as all of you and without fail when something negative about Brexit or this shambolic governments handling of it airs I can more or less predict with 100% accuracy who's going to be posting first, who's going to be posting what, who'll post links to what stories and above all who the usual suspects will be.

You all (well most, there are exemptions) have become quite entertaining in your own little way :winking:

Airbus & now BMW are threatening to pull out of the UK. I truly believe a no deal scenario will wreck this country for generations. Yes, I'm truly worried about the future and I'm not alone.

Airbus & now BMW are threatening to pull out of the UK. I truly believe a no deal scenario will wreck this country for generations. Yes, I'm truly worried about the future and I'm not alone.

Oh dear. Give it a rest.....wreck the country for generations! Are you for real? If you really feel that way may I suggest going to join Tangled in sunnier climbs and you can then both sit and shout from afar 'I told you so' as loud as you like and gloat over the countries total demise.

Ever since day one back in June 2016 nothing that was predicted by you and the other doom laden protagonists on here and elsewhere have ever materialised. See through the muck that's being slung about on both sides and take off those political blinkers you have on and then, and only then, may you see beyond your one sided and biased viewpoint.

Christ, don't you lot ever stop whining and winging? Who do you think your going to convince on here by your never ending moaning?

Probably nobody but this is a discussion forum after all.

Especially you MK, bloody hell. What a drama queen....'Trouble is everyone will be to skint to go on holiday' :hilarious: You seriously believe that don't you?

Many of you talk like it's going to be the end of the world as we know it. Like the UK economy will crash like we've never seen before. Like it will take generations to recover from whatever fall out there is

It might well do if we crash out of the EU without a deal next March which is looking more likely according to today's news
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44575929

What I find truly astonishing is that so many of you on the left, and right for that matter (although many of them like me have given up posting in here but still watch from a distance and just laugh and shake our heads at the comments) are so entrenched in your political views that
you cannot, will not and point blank refuse to see or even acknowledge anyone else's point of view or argument

If you have alternative arguments or POV please put them forward.That makes for a lively debate instead of just whinging against people who happen to think Brexit is a tragic mistake (even if they reluctantly accept it like me).

I see the same main news media stories as all of you and without fail when something negative about Brexit or this shambolic governments handling of it airs
I can more or less predict with 100% accuracy who's going to be posting first, who's going to be posting what, who'll post links to what stories and above all who the usual suspects will be.

You all (well most, there are exemptions) have become quite entertaining in your own little way :winking:

Did you see this post coming then? :winking:

Oh dear. Give it a rest.....wreck the country for generations! Are you for real? If you really feel that way may I suggest going to join Tangled in sunnier climbs and you can then both sit and shout from afar 'I told you so' as loud as you like and gloat over the countries total demise.

Ever since day one back in June 2016 nothing that was predicted by you and the other doom laden protagonists on here and elsewhere have ever materialised. See through the muck that's being slung about on both sides and take off those political blinkers you have on and then, and only then, may you see beyond your one sided and biased viewpoint.

Nigel Farage 'Brexit done badly will leave us in a worse position than we were in before, Brexit on its own isn't some magic cure.'

Boris Johnson (as quoted in the Telegraph) '**** business'

I don't really understand why you are moaning about people moaning when this government are destroying any positives that could come from leaving the EU.

I'm surprised by your complacency.

Back