• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

I read somewhere yesterday that a no-deal scenario could cost UK PLC upwards of £400Bn by 2028.

Still, we got our blue passports & our country back.

The Exit Bill isn't to be heard tomorrow as expected. There are about 350 amendments. The budget is coming up next month, so Parliamentary time is going to be tight.

That Bill has to go through before anything else can proceed.

Whoever said Brexit would be easy??

The Exit Bill isn't to be heard tomorrow as expected. There are about 350 amendments. The budget is coming up next month, so Parliamentary time is going to be tight.

That Bill has to go through before anything else can proceed.

Whoever said Brexit would be easy??

The forever unelected Nigel Fartage.

It's blue so we can see the country has been ruined by the Tories as they think Johnny Foreigner smells a bit pooey.

Give it a rest will you, it was the voting public that ballsed it up in the first place by wanting to leave with some of the biggest majorities coming from Labour areas. 52% of the nations voters ****ed it up and Labour made no attempt to block it when they had the chance. If they had voted with the Lib Dems and SNP then they might just have stopped Article 50 being triggered but they didn't.

Like all of them, personnal before party or country.

Give it a rest will you, it was the voting public that ballsed it up in the first place by wanting to leave with some of the biggest majorities coming from Labour areas. 52% of the nations voters ****ed it up and Labour made no attempt to block it when they had the chance. If they had voted with the Lib Dems and SNP then they might just have stopped Article 50 being triggered but they didn't.

Like all of them, personnal before party or country.

But it's the Tories who originally pandered to Farage & UKIP, the Tory millionaires that are pushing for a hard Brexit. The fault of this mess that we're in lies firmly at the feet of David Cameron.

He went to Europe to get a deal which would have put it to bed for good and came back with nothing. It was plain to see well before then that the EU had/has no intention of making changes so he went to the country, and lost. Since then its been one mind**** after another.

Davis, Fox, Johnson are all full of crap and May is worse than useless but the EU at the same time don't want to meet half way on anything or so it seems. Junker is even on record as saying this process must be a deterrent to stop other states going down the same route. A punishment in other words.

It has been a complete bag of bollocks from day one but don't forget, Labour could have stopped or at least delayed Article 50 if they had grown a pair and voted against it. How many Labour were leavers, half a dozen at most? It would have been close but it might just of stopped this madness. And that comes from a card carrying UKIP member up until a few years ago.

It's bollocks and its going to be a huge **** pie that we will all have to take a bite out of but Labour have a part of the blame here as much as anyone or any other party.

It's bollocks and its going to be a huge **** pie that we will all have to take a bite out of but Labour have a part of the blame here as much as anyone or any other party.

Not going to disagree. The one thing that puts me off Corbyn is his desire for Brexit.

Not going to disagree. The one thing that puts me off Corbyn is his desire for Brexit.
I don't think that Corbyn has a desire to Leave, I think it is just about timing, the public need to want to Remain by a fairly comfortable margin before Labour can call for a second referendum and not seem undemocratic. The only thing that we can be sure about is that the talent that the government have on their front bench will make a hash of the negotiations, but more people need to have registered that before we can backtrack.

IMO Labour are allowing the Tories the rope to hang themselves. I expect Brexit to derail before it happens, and the Tories to take many years to recover - Remainers disbelief that they let it go so far, Leavers disbelief that their vote came to nothing because the Tories had the mandate but not the ability to put it into action.

It has been a complete bag of bollocks from day one but don't forget, Labour could have stopped or at least delayed Article 50 if they had grown a pair and voted against it. How many Labour were leavers, half a dozen at most? It would have been close but it might just of stopped this madness. And that comes from a card carrying UKIP member up until a few years ago.

No they couldn't.

Article 50 was triggered before the June election where May had a majority in the House. If every single non Tory in the House had voted against Article 50, it would have made no difference.

Where Labour dropped the ball massively was the attempt to oust Corbyn immediately after the Referendum result when the Tories were in chaos, the country was in chaos and someone, somewhere needed to speak sense. Unfortunately, that was the time when Hilary Benn and his mates decided to put themselves before the needs of the people. By the time they realised what everyone else knew (ie, Corbyn could not be defeated) it was too late to talk any sense.

No they couldn't.

Article 50 was triggered before the June election where May had a majority in the House. If every single non Tory in the House had voted against Article 50, it would have made no difference.

Where Labour dropped the ball massively was the attempt to oust Corbyn immediately after the Referendum result when the Tories were in chaos, the country was in chaos and someone, somewhere needed to speak sense. Unfortunately, that was the time when Hilary Benn and his mates decided to put themselves before the needs of the people. By the time they realised what everyone else knew (ie, Corbyn could not be defeated) it was too late to talk any sense.

Corbyn has won two leadership elections and took Labour to an extremely narrow electoral defeat earlier this year.He's clearly won the right to represent Labour as leader again in the next general election.There is after all a hung parliament, which surely cannot last much longer as the Tories tear themselves apart over Europe.

J.C. has always been consistent in his anti-EU stance since he was first elected in the 80's.It's my firm belief that the British people made an historic mistake in the referendum.After all,that's the sort of thing that happens when you hold referendums.Even Franco held two in his time.However the will of the people-however mistaken-deserves to be respected.

Frankly,I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of a second referendum over Brexit, or the decision to leave the EU in March 2019, being reversed.

Corbyn has won two leadership elections and took Labour to an extremely narrow electoral defeat earlier this year.He's clearly won the right to represent Labour as leader again in the next general election.There is after all a hung parliament, which surely cannot last much longer as the Tories tear themselves apart over Europe.

J.C. has always been consistent in his anti-EU stance since he was first elected in the 80's.It's my firm belief that the British people made an historic mistake in the referendum.After all,that's the sort of thing that happens when you hold referendums.Even Franco held two in his time.However the will of the people-however mistaken-deserves to be respected.

Frankly,I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of a second referendum over Brexit, or the decision to leave the EU in March 2019, being reversed.

How does that square with his statement that he was 70% for the EU? Did ********* ever say which way he voted?

How does that square with his statement that he was 70% for the EU? Did ********* ever say which way he voted?

Yes.Jeremy Corybn made it quite clear that he voted remain.

Your fanatical hatred of him, blinds you to the fact that he is the best placed politician to lead Labour at the present time and Labour are the best party to conduct negotiations with the EU over Brexit or preside over the inevitable post-Brexit melt down.

May, by dithering and stalling has managed to keep it (the Conservative Party) roughly all together. Me thinks, crunch time is rapidly approaching. In the words of that Tom Robinson song,............."better decide which side you're on."

Yes.Jeremy Corybn made it quite clear that he voted remain.

Your fanatical hatred of him, blinds you to the fact that he is the best placed politician to lead Labour at the present time and Labour are the best party to conduct negotiations with the EU over Brexit or preside over the inevitable post-Brexit melt down.

And your warped view of my opinion seems to be blinding you. I asked a simple question: you're saying he was anti the EU, and I asked how that squares with him saying he was 70% for it? I don't understand how the two can be reconciled and the fact that you attacked me rather than answer the question implies that you don't either.

May, by dithering and stalling has managed to keep it (the Conservative Party) roughly all together. Me thinks, crunch time is rapidly approaching. In the words of that Tom Robinson song,............."better decide which side you're on."

The Tories have been divided since the 80's over Europe.Now theyre divided over Brexit.Plus ça change and all that.:winking:

And your warped view of my opinion seems to be blinding you. I asked a simple question: you're saying he was anti the EU, and I asked how that squares with him saying he was 70% for it? I don't understand how the two can be reconciled and the fact that you attacked me rather than answer the question implies that you don't either.

Actually, you asked two questions.I answered the specific question you asked about JC's referendum vote.It's a matter of public record.

Frankly, I don't have ***'s patience to deal with your endless,obsessive questioning of Jeremy Corybn,especially in non-related threads (arguably like this one).

You may have noticed that HMG under Mrs May are currently in charge of the Brexit negotiations.

Last edited:
But it's the Tories who originally pandered to Farage & UKIP, the Tory millionaires that are pushing for a hard Brexit. The fault of this mess that we're in lies firmly at the feet of David Cameron.
I'm not a tory voter or a Cameron fan but don't agree with you on this one. Cameron advised the country to vote remain and I think it was actually democratic to hold the referendum after the success UKIP had in the previous GE.

Back