Likes Likes:  152
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 673

Thread: Essex CCC 2017

  
  1. #526

    Default

    It's coming home, it's coming home, Cricket's coming home......

  2. #527
    Life President
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hockley
    Posts
    6,192

    Default

    Superb day, again.

    Someone needs to explain to Matt Floyd that we can't win the title in this match if Lancs draw. Only if they lose!

    All in all, though, we are almost there.

    Can see us running through them pretty quickly tomorrow.

  3. #528

    Default

    Weather for tomorrow for B5 not looking too bad
    Be delighted, be excited, watch Southend United

  4. #529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BILLERICAY BLUE View Post
    351-7 now, so with Lancs failing to pick up any batting points, if we win and they lose the title is ours
    I think (though could be wrong) that if we win, and they draw, we'll still finish top if only by number of wins
    " And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
    don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
    There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

  5. #530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Superb day, again.

    Someone needs to explain to Matt Floyd that we can't win the title in this match if Lancs draw. Only if they lose!

    All in all, though, we are almost there.

    Can see us running through them pretty quickly tomorrow.

    I thought we could still win the title even if the Lancs game ends in a draw.

    We are currently on 193 points (with the latest bonuses) a win against Warwickshire will bring us up to a total of 209 points.

    Lancs are currently on 153 points (with the latest bonuses) a draw against Somerset will bring them up to 158 points. Assuming we win & they draw, we would have a 51 point lead over them.

    Lancashire's last two games can only provide them with a maximum of another 48 points. meaning that they could only finish at best on 206 points.

    So effectively we could afford to lose both our 2 remaining matches against Hampshire & Yorkshire, without picking up any batting or bowling points, and still be 3 points clear.
    Last edited by mattitouk; 13-09-2017 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typo

  6. #531

    Default

    I am loving this. I remember before the start of the season I picked us to win it but didn't put any money on.

    It will be bloody freezing at our last home game but I will be there at least one day, terrible work from ECB that all our matches are during the week so I'll have to get time off work

  7. #532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattitouk View Post
    I thought we could still win the title even if the Lancs game ends in a draw.

    We are currently on 193 points (with the latest bonuses) a win against Warwickshire will bring us up to a total of 209 points.

    Lancs are currently on 153 points (with the latest bonuses) a draw against Somerset will bring them up to 158 points. Assuming we win & they draw, we would have a 51 point lead over them.

    Lancashire's last two games can only provide them with a maximum of another 48 points. meaning that they could only finish at best on 206 points.

    So effectively we could afford to lose both our 2 remaining matches against Hampshire & Yorkshire, without picking up any batting or bowling points, and still be 3 points clear.
    Even iff they tie, they'd be 48 points behind (assuming we win) so i think we'd still finish first on most wins
    " And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
    don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
    There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

  8. #533

    Default

    Yeah that's correct. Although in this case highly unlikely it will end in a tie.

  9. #534
    Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Getting closer to heaven
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    We only need 4 balls

    9-1 Porter again !!!
    "An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep.― Alexander the Great

  10. #535
    Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Getting closer to heaven
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    And he strikes again 14.2
    "An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep.― Alexander the Great

  11. #536
    Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    city of hollesley,woodbridge, suffolk
    Posts
    786

    Default

    It just gets better and better....…COYE. Cookie back for last two games too.

  12. #537

    Default

    Another two for Porter this morning!

  13. #538
    Fish House Ultras GNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rayleigh
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Warks currently 28-4 with 2 wickets for Cook now
    Shrimperzone II - Captain
    Shrimperzone II - Players player of the year 2008/09
    Shrimperzone II - Player of the year 2009/10

  14. #539
    Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Getting closer to heaven
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Make that five now Harmer comes into the act
    "An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep.― Alexander the Great

  15. #540
    Life President
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hockley
    Posts
    6,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Shrimper View Post
    Even iff they tie, they'd be 48 points behind (assuming we win) so i think we'd still finish first on most wins
    I was working on a tie, as well, but I make you right, that the title is ours if we win.

    Note to SKY : Have a word with the camera operator. Keeps missing the catches, for some reason.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors