Likes Likes:  152
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Essex CCC 2017

It's coming home, it's coming home, Cricket's coming home......

Life President

Superb day, again.

Someone needs to explain to Matt Floyd that we can't win the title in this match if Lancs draw. Only if they lose!

All in all, though, we are almost there.

Can see us running through them pretty quickly tomorrow.

Weather for tomorrow for B5 not looking too bad
    Be delighted, be excited, watch Southend United

Quote Originally Posted by BILLERICAY BLUE View Post
    351-7 now, so with Lancs failing to pick up any batting points, if we win and they lose the title is ours
    I think (though could be wrong) that if we win, and they draw, we'll still finish top if only by number of wins
    " And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
    don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
    There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Superb day, again.

Someone needs to explain to Matt Floyd that we can't win the title in this match if Lancs draw. Only if they lose!

All in all, though, we are almost there.

Can see us running through them pretty quickly tomorrow.

I thought we could still win the title even if the Lancs game ends in a draw.

We are currently on 193 points (with the latest bonuses) a win against Warwickshire will bring us up to a total of 209 points.

Lancs are currently on 153 points (with the latest bonuses) a draw against Somerset will bring them up to 158 points. Assuming we win & they draw, we would have a 51 point lead over them.

Lancashire's last two games can only provide them with a maximum of another 48 points. meaning that they could only finish at best on 206 points.

So effectively we could afford to lose both our 2 remaining matches against Hampshire & Yorkshire, without picking up any batting or bowling points, and still be 3 points clear.
    Last edited by mattitouk; 13-09-2017 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typo

I am loving this. I remember before the start of the season I picked us to win it but didn't put any money on.

It will be bloody freezing at our last home game but I will be there at least one day, terrible work from ECB that all our matches are during the week so I'll have to get time off work

Quote Originally Posted by mattitouk View Post
    I thought we could still win the title even if the Lancs game ends in a draw.

We are currently on 193 points (with the latest bonuses) a win against Warwickshire will bring us up to a total of 209 points.

Lancs are currently on 153 points (with the latest bonuses) a draw against Somerset will bring them up to 158 points. Assuming we win & they draw, we would have a 51 point lead over them.

Lancashire's last two games can only provide them with a maximum of another 48 points. meaning that they could only finish at best on 206 points.

So effectively we could afford to lose both our 2 remaining matches against Hampshire & Yorkshire, without picking up any batting or bowling points, and still be 3 points clear.
    Even iff they tie, they'd be 48 points behind (assuming we win) so i think we'd still finish first on most wins
    " And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
    don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
    There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

Yeah that's correct. Although in this case highly unlikely it will end in a tie.

Manager

We only need 4 balls

9-1 Porter again !!!
    "An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep.― Alexander the Great

Manager

And he strikes again 14.2
    "An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep.― Alexander the Great

Coach

It just gets better and better....…COYE. Cookie back for last two games too.

Another two for Porter this morning!

Warks currently 28-4 with 2 wickets for Cook now
    Shrimperzone II - Captain
    Shrimperzone II - Players player of the year 2008/09
    Shrimperzone II - Player of the year 2009/10

Manager

Make that five now Harmer comes into the act

Life President

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Shrimper View Post
    Even iff they tie, they'd be 48 points behind (assuming we win) so i think we'd still finish first on most wins
    I was working on a tie, as well, but I make you right, that the title is ours if we win.

Note to SKY : Have a word with the camera operator. Keeps missing the catches, for some reason.