• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Hi all,

My apologies. I think my last post has locked the thread by mistake, so I've asked the administrators/mods to delete the post, so the thread becomes open again.

Thank you.

Personally, I think it was sabotaged by a Warwickshire fan!

I can't get on the 'Essex 2017' thread through locking myself out of it, so just posting on here.

Another excellent day, so far.

Harmer is on fire! :thumbsup:

Andy, how have you managed to do that again? or are you still locked out from last time?

Thanks, mate.

Yep, I think I'm still locked from before, where I corrupted my access to the thread, trying to copy/paste something across.

However 'Cricko' had just emailed me saying I should be OK now, so just about to try.

Last edited:
What a marvelous day for Essex.

We'll miss Cooky from now on.

Maybe he's loving it so much, he'll announce his International retirement, tomorrow! :thumbsup:

What a marvelous day for Essex.

We'll miss Cooky from now on.

Maybe he's loving it so much, he'll announce his International retirement, tomorrow! :thumbsup:

He's not allowed, I want to see him when I go to the Oval at the end of the July!

I'll keep you company Andy whilst out of main thread :smile:

Bizarre declaration by Hampshire, they must have thought conditions would suit them in the evening
From 84.0 to 211.9 dec, then let Somerset in for 6 overs who reach 18-0, looking good for the boys providing weather holds, looks like a rainy day from 2 pm, let hope its all over the country

Many thanks 'Blue'

There were a lot of negatives flying around last night about the pink ball going off colour and being difficult to see.

This day/night all sounds very nice, but it doesn't really work over here, because our twilight period is too long, so the lights don't fully take effect and the ball becomes difficult to sight.

Mind you, we did alright!

A nice 100 lead or so by tea/dinner, whatever the 6:40pm break is and then the pink ball misbehaving under lights tonight, which will have more effect than on Monday, with it being gloomy and that.

Bring it on!

Hang on a sec...

If Andy T can only post in this Essex CCC thread, any objections to locking the other one and making this the main thread for the 2017 season?

I can do the honours if we are agreed. Three 'yes' votes and I'll get on the case.

Back