• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

At 94-0 after the powerplay that counts as yet another Essex white ball batting choke. How depressing.

It's about time we move Bopara down to 7 in T20. He stalled this innings, career strike rate less than 120 is awful considering he's played so much of that at Chelmsford.

Bollox! Good effort lads, But i feared it was a bridge to far for us.

I personally really hate losing to Kent a side more than anything, in every sport. Especially a side that was bottom of the T20 league.

I do hope mrs~mattitouk doesn't hear about this, she will bend my ear for ages, as a retort for the bragging I've been on about Essex since we won the div 2 championship and now top of league One!.. Sadly after this result I think our hopes of progressing our over, (but as we all do)... I live in hope.

UTE.

I'm guessing we can still qualify if we win tonight.

I think we'd need Glamorgan, Hampshire and Surrey to win their matches and then if we win, we can sneak into 4th?

Edit : Looking at NRR, I think it doesn't matter about Surrey v Kent tonight, as we would finish above the losers, regardless, if we win.

So just a Glamorgan and Hampshire win, I think.

Last nights game was thrilling to see live

Porter was a bowler who lost his confidence and line and Kent made him pay, similar to Harmer v Notts a few weeks back
Eagles in strong position ,but fair play to Kent field placing and fielding was better to wards the end

In regards to Ravi, I have said he is not the force he was once, but still a valuable member of the team, sad to say we miss a winner in the side, someone who can instill fear into opposition likes a Stokes or Butler, end of the day it's been abrilliant season and those that Moan are the same people so expect Southend to be promoted by Christmas
Jeez top of the league and in shout of 20/20 , in a season all we wanted to do is survive after promotion

UTE

Can't understand how Walter bowled all of his overs when he clearly was having a bad day. I'd have given Porter at least 1 more, he couldn't have done any worse

I'm guessing we can still qualify if we win tonight.

I think we'd need Glamorgan, Hampshire and Surrey to win their matches and then if we win, we can sneak into 4th?

Edit : Looking at NRR, I think it doesn't matter about Surrey v Kent tonight, as we would finish above the losers, regardless, if we win.

So just a Glamorgan and Hampshire win, I think.
I think we can still qualify if we have a big win even if Middlesex and Somerset win. Think it would then come down to NRR

Its great that 8 of the 9 teams can still qualify. Should make for an intersting evening. Still even if we do qualify 4th, does that mean another quarter final defeat against Notts?

Its great that 8 of the 9 teams can still qualify. Should make for an intersting evening. Still even if we do qualify 4th, does that mean another quarter final defeat against Notts?

If we do somehow manage to qualify I really don't fancy our chances. Amir is our only decent t20 bowler and we lose him after tonight. t20 has been disappointing this season but the county championship is the big one and if we can close that out it will have been an amazing season

On plus side, if we get Notts they are just as chokey as we are in T20 quarter-finals!

Interesting game tonight. Sussex got a far better bowling attack than Kent. Need the middle-order to step up tonight and make up for yesterday.

Last nights game was thrilling to see live

Porter was a bowler who lost his confidence and line and Kent made him pay, similar to Harmer v Notts a few weeks back
Eagles in strong position ,but fair play to Kent field placing and fielding was better to wards the end

In regards to Ravi, I have said he is not the force he was once, but still a valuable member of the team, sad to say we miss a winner in the side, someone who can instill fear into opposition likes a Stokes or Butler, end of the day it's been abrilliant season and those that Moan are the same people so expect Southend to be promoted by Christmas
Jeez top of the league and in shout of 20/20 , in a season all we wanted to do is survive after promotion

UTE

Ravi's not the batsman he once was (not many were), but he's one of our (Essex and for the matter England's) best limited overs bowlers.

Can't understand how Walter bowled all of his overs when he clearly was having a bad day. I'd have given Porter at least 1 more, he couldn't have done any worse

I was only watching on cricinfo, but that seemed a strange one. I know Walter's our death bowler, but that seemed like one to go-off script for.

If we do somehow manage to qualify I really don't fancy our chances. Amir is our only decent t20 bowler and we lose him after tonight. t20 has been disappointing this season but the county championship is the big one and if we can close that out it will have been an amazing season

We've had great T20 seasons and not won it; maybe an iffy one and coming good at the end is the way to go?

On plus side, if we get Notts they are just as chokey as we are in T20 quarter-finals!

Interesting game tonight. Sussex got a far better bowling attack than Kent. Need the middle-order to step up tonight and make up for yesterday.

No Wheater, no Cook, no Westley - our batting strength is being tested. We're a bit too all-roundery in that middle order for my liking.

Right, apparently Sky Sports Mix is on Channel 121 .. Who knew? .. It doesn't even come up under the 'Sports' listing section! :facepalm:

COYE!

Yeah I noticed that last night, very odd decision, to not list it under the sports category.

Talking of decision's, I see that we won the toss and opted to field first.

173 needed, not the best of starts losing Chopra for 1 run & Lawrence for 16 runs. :unsure:

Bollox, 45/4.. Looking far from promising.

Other results not going our way either. Looks like county champions, one day semi finalists and T20 rubbish this year.

Could be worse. :happy::smile:

Now 65/7............. Were getting thrashed within an inch of our lives. We might not even make a ton at this rate.

Back