• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Safe standing

Shrewsbury have received their safe standing rail seats and plan to install them during the season break. (I presume they are one of the few clubs that were given the trial, which West Brom got knocked back on).

Also the petition for safe standing has now received more than a whopping 109,000 signatures in favour for it, (not bad for a footballing community).

For the record, I personally prefer to sit myself during a game, but have no objections against safe standing in certain sections (The TBV do it in the West Stand at Roots Hall)... & After all we basically all do it away and 99% of other clubs do it do also.

So basically, if it happens already, (but considered unsafe)... I see no reason why the government doesn't make it safer than it currently is. Surely it cant be a bad thing. Or can it?

Anyway, it will now be considered for discussion by MP's in the houses of parliament. (I would imagine, it will have to be, considering that high number of signatures already and of course the poll will keep climbing until when it closes on the 8th of June).

All being said, knowing the government, I still expect nothing to change for at least a decade.

Edit:

Link for the petition for those that are interested:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

Last edited:
Shrewsbury have received their safe standing rail seats and plan to install them during the season break.

Also the petition for safe standing has now received more than 103,000 signatures, so will now be considered for discussion by mp's in the houses of parliament.
Bet there are not many MPs who know what it is like to stand on the terraces with his mates ..

The safe standing petition has received nearly 112,000 signatures and will now be debated in Parliament on the 25th June.

Also the results are in from the EFL Survey.... 94% want the choice of standing or sitting & 69% would prefer to stand as apose to 22% who prefer to sit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44331498

Name two......

Well Jeremy Corbyn's a well-known Arsenal fan, though at his age (like me), he probably prefers sitting .:winking:

My ex-lecturer at Brum Poly,Bruce George, used to captain the House of Commons football team before he retired, (and play in goal or ref.for our departmental football team back in the day).He certainly used to watch Swansea from the terraces and was very involved at Walsall too.

I understand that Stephen Kinnock is a useful player as well.I'm sure there are others.

Let's face it standing at football is a young man's (or woman's) game.While I have no objection to it personally, I
just don't expect it to ever make a comeback in the UK.

Last edited:
Well Jeremy Corbyn's a well-known Arsenal fan, though at his age (like me), he probably prefers sitting .:winking:

My ex-lecturer at Brum Poly,Bruce George, used to captain the House of Commons football team before he retired, (and play in goal or ref.for our departmental football team back in the day).He certainly used to watch Swansea from the terraces and was very involved at Walsall too.

I understand that Stephen Kinnock is a useful player as well.I'm sure there are others.

Let's face it standing at football is a young man's (or woman's) game.While I have no objection to it personally, I
just don't expect it to ever make a comeback in the UK.
David Cameron famously supports West Ham Villa....

Back