• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frank Nouble

The miss against Charlton looked awful at the time and having viewed the highlights several times I genuinely can't work out how he missed. He wasn't stretching and he got a full head on it.

The miss against Charlton looked awful at the time and having viewed the highlights several times I genuinely can't work out how he missed. He wasn't stretching and he got a full head on it.

Wasn't even a cross, it was a miss hit shot from McG. Several much easier headers were missed by Ranger and MAF at various times that cost us several points.

Still nice to see us carry on Saturday were MAF left off against Bury. Both he and Theo should have scored with headers late on.

Scores for Newport to make it 2 in 2 games.

Still a donkey.

Noodle's only gone & got a bloomin hatrick on his home Newport debut. Who'dv thunk it..

Noodle's only gone & got a bloomin hatrick on his home Newport debut. Who'dv thunk it..

If you look at his record for his only other spell in League 2 it was fantastic, League 1 is just a step too far for him.

Scored 3 and was given 10 out of 10 in the Sunday Sun footy supplement, maybe he could have done us a job after all? Dont think he is any worse than Theo.

I never did think he was as bad as some, he was very strong and just needed a bit of confidence.

Scored 3 and was given 10 out of 10 in the Sunday Sun footy supplement, maybe he could have done us a job after all? Dont think he is any worse than Theo.

The donkey couldn't do his job from a yard out. He's found his level

I think old Noodles seems to have found the equivalent of Billy's Boots in the summer.

Another 25 yard curler that hit the inside of the post on Saturday.

I think old Noodles seems to have found the equivalent of Billy's Boots in the summer.

Another 25 yard curler that hit the inside of the post on Saturday.

yeah, I saw that. Looks like a completely different player to what we had. By that I mean he actually moves and can use his feet.
Seemed a likeable chap though so I wish him well.

It is amazing what a bit of confidence does for you. Confidence from fans, manager and most importantly, confidence in yourself. Getting starts and not being dropped after one game helps but getting that first goal early is so important for strikers. Without the confidence he would have never attempted that 25 yd shot that hit the post. You compare that with Cox, Cox looks like a player with very little confidence. I honestly didn't fancy him to score that pen on Saturday. Once he gets his first (clean) goal, it will be a different story.

Good article on Frank in the Goals section in the Sun. Says of his time at the Blues, 'I didnt play that much. I feel like I was there for the banter, really! I think thats the the best place I've been at in terms of enjoying myself as a person. They're my kind of people. It was the most fun, hands down.'
He also talks about Nile being a mate of his.
It's a good article. Didn't realise he's been at 15 different clubs, which is a lot for any player, let alone a 25 year old. It sounds like the team spirit is definitely good at Roots Hall.
Good luck to Frank, bout time he settled somewhere.

For those interested, you can view the silky skills of old Noodle on Channel 952 (BBC Wales) at the moment.

Back