• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBBC back at Cambridge

And in 12/13 those stats would have been higher were it not for the form of Tomlin & Assombalonga. Basically once Corr was back from his serious injury he played as much or more than anyone else in the squad from then until the his last game at Wembley.
Very true, when you consider that his first league start that season wasn't until 29th December, yet he played over an hour in 20 games after that.

We've moved on since Barry was here, better team, better players. However, what commitment and bravery he showed us as a SUFC player. Will always go down as one of my favorite players, along with Moshni .

Sorry but don't remember Barry being restrained by team mates for lunging at someone with a bladed article - Moshni is a loose cannon and a wasted talent.

Never let us down - as said, would run through brick walls for the team.
Loved the bloke and hope to see him playing again soon.
Also well looked after by Ron Martin when faced with career ending injury (looks like he's in another battle)
Headed equalizer against Brentford at Griffin Park in FA cup is a highlight.
Don't really understand why he seems to be a bit of a marmite player among some of you? For a long time, his goals were the only thing we had to cheer about.

I'm not sure he is, I think everyone would agree he was the best we had for most of the time he was here and that he did a good job in the main part. I think there are a lot of people who overrated the guy though! You have listed some great moments but there are others that were mediocre and instances that weren't so heroic. I don't want to get into specifics because I think the good outweighed the bad and he should be remembered positively by us. Wouldn't even consider bringing him back, we have moved forwards and inevitably with age he has moved backwards. Those that loved him should just cherish their memories

No data for the JPT in 2010/11 but...
2010/11 - 26 full games, 4 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 5 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2011/12 - Injured
2012/13 - 12 full games, 5 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 3 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2013/14 - 25 full games, 3 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 11 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2014/15 - 21 full games 5 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 9 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins

Now do the same for Kightly over the same period. Anyone who is slating Corr for the games he played may be a little worried about Kightly's .

Out of interest how many were full games or near enough full games ?

UTS

If you look at Jack Paynes record he rarely, if ever plays a full game, its not always an indication of ability to play a full match. Tactics often more of a factor.

Forwards are always more likely to be subbed fitness issues or not.

Corr started 131 games in 4 seasons with 53 sub appearances, thats a decent amount (especially as Beefy said above Tomlin and Assombalonga were first choice for one of them)

No data for the JPT in 2010/11 but...
2010/11 - 26 full games, 4 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 5 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2011/12 - Injured
2012/13 - 12 full games, 5 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 3 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2013/14 - 25 full games, 3 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 11 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2014/15 - 21 full games 5 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 9 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins

Now do the same for Kightly over the same period. Anyone who is slating Corr for the games he played may be a little worried about Kightly's.
Over the last 5 seasons...
2012/13 - 4 full games, 0 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 14 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2013/14 - 6 full games, 9 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 14 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2014/15 - 3 full games, 4 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 5 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2015/16 - 2 full games, 3 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 5 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2016/17 - 1 full game, 5 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 6 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins

Though you could equally argue that the fitness levels required to last 90 minutes at Prem/Championship level are much higher than L2 so in L1 they may not be massively different.

Over the last 5 seasons...
2012/13 - 4 full games, 0 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 14 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2013/14 - 6 full games, 9 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 14 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2014/15 - 3 full games, 4 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 5 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2015/16 - 2 full games, 3 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 5 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins
2016/17 - 1 full game, 5 times taken off in the last ten minutes, 6 times taken off between 60 and 80 mins

Though you could equally argue that the fitness levels required to last 90 minutes at Prem/Championship level are much higher than L2 so in L1 they may not be massively different.

Fantastic research.

Use of the sub bench is going to be very interesting next season. Your stats suggest that Kightly struggles to play 90 minutes. We already know that Ranger (when not imprisoned) struggles to last 90 minutes and he's going to be even further behind on fitness work than usual. Add in Fortune, who hasn't yet played 90 minutes in 2017, plus needing to look after the legs of Cox and our creaking centre-halves and fitness could well be an issue for us at the end of games, particularly now the head down Duracell Bunny is at Mansfield.

As a disproportionate number of goals are scored in the final 10-15 minutes, this might be something to watch out for this season given our choice of squad make-up.

Hopefully that training trip to Spain worked!

Yes - and if you get an injury early on in the game (or someone not able to come out for the 2nd half) then Browny is potentially left with a dilemma if 1 or 2 of the players on the pitch are likely to only last 70 minutes or so. So many goals are scored in the last 10 minutes or so that no team can afford to be playing with less energy towards the end of the game unless the result is already "sown up".

Anyone know if Barry corr got fixed up with a club yet ?

No club yet. After his knee operation, he finally came back for Cambridge and kept breaking down with groin problems. I hope a club takes a chance on him, but with all the injury problems it's not easy to find a club willing to take the gamble. He may have to step down a couple of Leagues and see how it goes.

No club yet. After his knee operation, he finally came back for Cambridge and kept breaking down with groin problems. I hope a club takes a chance on him, but with all the injury problems it's not easy to find a club willing to take the gamble. He may have to step down a couple of Leagues and see how it goes.

Yeah my Cambridge United supporting mate here told me the other week that they wouldn't be taking him back on.Looks like Orient's a possible then.

I hope not, simply the **** that players like Turner gets for signing from supporters, who start with great signing to useless To$$er, who the hell signed him should be sacked
Wish Barry all the best, but there has to come a time, when you cannot keep taking the money in hope, they will regain their glory days

By the way the swipe at moaning supporters was not aimed at you TSNB

UTS

Big Bad Barry has signed a short term deal to return to Cambridge until the end of January.

imagepng

Back