• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Heard back from ifollow and they tell me that the decision to broadcast friendly games is down to the individual club.

So our game against Brighton was probably televised because Brighton fancied doing it (makes sense when you consider that the commentary was apparently from a Seagull's pov).

So doesn't look good for our game at Cambridge.Though I've contacted the club to see what they say.

I'd say it's safer to go game-by-game if you're looking to circumvent the location rules on this. They're rolling out the same platform and solution to the whole of the Football League and just because it works ok week one doesn't mean it will after they notice that 40,000 Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday fans are accessing their game whilst 'on holiday'.

No more sleeps!

Well, maybe a little kip this afternoon to make sure I'm refreshed and awake till 2am.

But yeah, it's effectively match day and the first competitive game on iFollow.

I am a tad excited.

I'd say it's safer to go game-by-game if you're looking to circumvent the location rules on this. They're rolling out the same platform and solution to the whole of the Football League and just because it works ok week one doesn't mean it will after they notice that 40,000 Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday fans are accessing their game whilst 'on holiday'.

On this subject I thought today's news from Fulham FC was interesting:-"We advise subscribers that the live video streaming service is not available via mobile web browsers, i.e. iPhones, iPads and Android devices.

Please note that there are two requirements for watching the live streams; you must have an international bank account, and be located outside of the UK and Ireland during the game."

I can certainly see myself signing up for the occasional game with Fulham FC when we're not playing.:thumbsup:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/04/fulhamfctv-update

Last edited:
No more sleeps!

Well, maybe a little kip this afternoon to make sure I'm refreshed and awake till 2am.

But yeah, it's effectively match day and the first competitive game on iFollow.

I am a tad excited.

Me too.Thought the game here will be broadcast live only an hour late than it takes place at Roots Hall.

Wonderful for anyone who takes their laptop/tablet abroad for a European holiday!

Agghhh My life has been inflicted with a dreadful withdrawal. Looks like those nasty people at SKY are now denying us Irish expats. access to live matches. My previously successful circuitous routing has been chopped off at the VPN.
VPN. IPs now invalid. Home address IP only.
Not seen a post on this so looks like the MK match was the first one.

:sad::sad::sad:

Hopefully ifollow will make some sort of deal with BBC Essex that will allow them to transmit both video and audio feeds for 2018/19.Or is that too much to hope for? :sad:

Maybe I'll have a look this evening. It's an away match so bound not to be pretty. :sad:

Nope, I can no longer get them with my VPN. ****ers. :angry:

Ha! That's the way I felt when they turned the sound tab off for the Oldham home game back in early December.Until then anyone with a bit of nous could pick up an audio and video stream just by opening up two separate tabs.Still took them 5 months to work out what a lot of people were up to.Seems to have taken even longer with VPN's.

Back