• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

Only a matter of time before one of the players tries to ping him when he undoubtedly gets fed up of being called a **** every pre match team talk. My money's on Pennant

I admire Tamplin for what he's trying to do and he's put his money where his mouth is but he's still getting it all wrong. The team talks alone are enough to make you cringe. Talking down to ex Premier League players before they go out and play against a team of lads with 9-5 jobs

There is spending money on ex prem players and sorting the stadium. But does he really have to paint all the ****** murals around the ground? Even one of him in bed dreaming about his Dagenham.... I mean Billericay dream. He would earn more respect from people if he just piled the money in made the place respectable and hired a proper manager. The blokes a complete throbber!

His house is worth £18m!!

Oh I know his wealth is on that kind of level. Not wanting to discredit what he has achieved at all but he seems to have been in the right place at the right time with the steel boom. I don't know his background though, I've heard lots of his "haters" (as he calls them) make comments about him being a scrap metal dealer and wondered if he might be a pikey. A good few pikeys have made themselves millionaires

Oh I know his wealth is on that kind of level. Not wanting to discredit what he has achieved at all but he seems to have been in the right place at the right time with the steel boom. I don't know his background though, I've heard lots of his "haters" (as he calls them) make comments about him being a scrap metal dealer and wondered if he might be a pikey. A good few pikeys have made themselves millionaires

I was just surprised by the house being worth £18m from the pictures I've seen it doesn't look like it would be worth anywhere near that. He must have lots of land with it.

my dad's a scrap metal dealer and likes classical music.

This guy is just a massive fish and Twitter is his lake and all the 'haters' are the fisherman! Guaranteed big bites all day everyday!

I have worked with lots of rich people, who inherited their wealth and have zero class, so not necessary a pikey
My guess someone who has accumulated the wealth and has low self esteem, hence his "Look at me" tweets and photos

The problem the more people comment and fuel his ego, the better he feels, ignore and they go away
It's a larger scale RM, when he started, big stadium plans, models of the ground, except Billericay seem to be up grading whilst we ponder

UTS

He had planning permission for a 'big' new stand turned down.
If they get to National League level they will have access and segregation issues that will hamper any further ground development and I very much doubt Football League is possible at the existing site. They would need a new ground and I cant see planning permission being easy to get, even if they can find suitable land in the Billericay area.

I have heard that a few regular Billericay fans have actually stopped going to matches. He was hoping for 3,000+ fans but as first crowd shows this will be very unlikely at this level.

I see there is a 'Glenn Tampon' parody twitter account.

There is spending money on ex prem players and sorting the stadium. But does he really have to paint all the ****** murals around the ground? Even one of him in bed dreaming about his Dagenham.... I mean Billericay dream. He would earn more respect from people if he just piled the money in made the place respectable and hired a proper manager. The blokes a complete throbber!

Yeah it's all very embarrassing and sometimes I think it's Glenn Tamplin FC and not BTFC. I thought Phil Brown had an ego but Jesus Christ this guy is pure chocolate

He had planning permission for a 'big' new stand turned down.
If they get to National League level they will have access and segregation issues that will hamper any further ground development and I very much doubt Football League is possible at the existing site. They would need a new ground and I cant see planning permission being easy to get, even if they can find suitable land in the Billericay area.

I have heard that a few regular Billericay fans have actually stopped going to matches. He was hoping for 3,000+ fans but as first crowd shows this will be very unlikely at this level.

Though I agree 3000 is highly unlikely unless they draw a big cup game or maybe boxing day match, the first crowd is much higher than last season, so though some may have left, I think the reality is some more locals are interested, whether short or long term is a waiting game

Again similar to RM, many fans turned their backs on the club with broken promises, but a winning team will all ways draw in support especially weeks leading up to promotion/play off

Interesting times for Ricay

UTS

I just read a tweet from August 7th that says their wage bill is £32.5k p/w. Assuming that's true, how does that compare to ours?

I have no idea what our budget is.

Though I agree 3000 is highly unlikely unless they draw a big cup game or maybe boxing day match, the first crowd is much higher than last season, so though some may have left, I think the reality is some more locals are interested, whether short or long term is a waiting game

Again similar to RM, many fans turned their backs on the club with broken promises, but a winning team will all ways draw in support especially weeks leading up to promotion/play off

Interesting times for Ricay

UTS

Oh yes I agree they have won more fans than they have lost.
But if he keeps this kind of thing up then I cant see him gaining many more! - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/billericay-town-owner-glenn-tamplin-11004521

He has got a point, at times, but doesn't have a lot of tact!

I wonder how much longer Paul Robinson will be happy to appear on the shirts.

Back