• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

Three games to go, two at home, and 6 points for the title although 5 points probably enough. Gates numbers still good if failing to meet GP’s fanciful expectations (demands) by a long way.

Decent video https://youtu.be/ys_jh26Yuxk watch the whole thing, seems really honest and good for the club

Don’t be sucked in by the ********, I was on a radio interview. The bloke is so full of **** he obviously has a good advisor that tells him to do this when things start to go **** and he has his usual implosion of being a **** so he will release one of these gets everyone thinking he’s the messiah and then the next implosion comes and back to square one.

Don’t be sucked in by the ********, I was on a radio interview. The bloke is so full of **** he obviously has a good advisor that tells him to do this when things start to go **** and he has his usual implosion of being a **** so he will release one of these gets everyone thinking he’s the messiah and then the next implosion comes and back to square one.
in the video (I take it you watched it) he says he will cut the wage bill to 10k for next season, so the club is sustainable, and he genuinely loves the club, do you not believe this?

in the video (I take it you watched it) he says he will cut the wage bill to 10k for next season, so the club is sustainable, and he genuinely loves the club, do you not believe this?

Not one bit!

They cannot possibly be financially sustainable unless he keeps paying the wages., the club does not create enough income to balance the books. It's naieve to believe otherwise.

TBF in the video he repeatedly says that the club will be "substainable".

Sustainable only if he keeps funding them, be it £30k or £10k a week wage bill, fact.
but surely someone is funding our club, we have a fair old wage bill, and some big players. I think someone said there was a couple of other clubs in that division with a 10k bill.

Oh, think you'll find GT funds a far higher proportion of BTFC than Ron (and associated companies) does of SUFC. I said that, and it's well known they are in debt.....

Don't give a monkey's either way about Tamplin, but I'm overjoyed for the club and the long-suffering fans, mainly my father-in-law and brother-in-law who have scarcely missed a home game in the 20+ years I've know them.

Yep echo above, my neighbour life long fan

Well done to the team and fans

Off topic I see Salford only one division from the league now, Giggs,Neville, Butt and Scholes must be reaping some of their investment back

I've always had a soft spot for Billericay Town so this promotion will be good for the club and fans I hope. Tamplin is the current co-owner but eventually he will move on, but the club will still be there.

Last time around they lasted one season in Conf South but can see them doing much better this time though likely to be a tough league next season what with Torquay definitely, and possibly Woking, making up the numbers. Tend to find it’s the Ryman clubs that find the step up into Conf South more of a challenge than do the Southern League sides, chance for Billericay to buck the trend.

Yep echo above, my neighbour life long fan

Well done to the team and fans

Off topic I see Salford only one division from the league now, Giggs,Neville, Butt and Scholes must be reaping some of their investment back

It’s the heavy backing that’s helped Salford for sure, they were doing very little a a club until the Man Utd lads got involved. Reported that several teams with substantial wage bills in Conf North and at much higher levels than paid in Conf South.

Back