• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

For a businessman he seems to have very little between the ears. Gate monies will never cover a clubs running costs (let alone the ridiculous wage bill he introduced). Non-league clubs in general rely on directors with deep pockets and various ongoing fundraising events to help balance the books.

For a businessman he seems to have very little between the ears. Gate monies will never cover a clubs running costs (let alone the ridiculous wage bill he introduced). Non-league clubs in general rely on directors with deep pockets and various ongoing fundraising events to help balance the books.

Yes indeed. East Thurrock get about 250 crowd, Tickets up to £12, say an average of £2,500 gate per game. I don't know what they pay players but at a guess £100 a game.

I see on Twitter now that glen tamplin has threatened to sack himself as manager if things don't improve quickly, his also biting big time to certain folk having a dig at him on social media, he needs to just ignore people and just get on with the job, if he can't take a little bit of banter from certain idiots on social media then he is in the wrong game.

Really hope he sacks himself and then signs himself again...

GuyIncognito.jpg

He’s losing it on all fronts. Good team Wealdstone, no disgrace if they should lose to them on Sat.

He’s losing it on all fronts. Good team Wealdstone, no disgrace if they should lose to them on Sat.
i bet glen tamplin badly wants a cup final at Wembley especially as it could be against orient in front of a half decent crowd:smile:

Played against the "Corinthian Casuals"..... Sounds like a proper old terrace firm from the 80's!!...Proper tasty encounter that was!!....(doing my Danny Dyer impression).....No surprise then that one of the Billericay players got concussed and got carted off in a ambulance. :smile:

I take it all back!!

The "Corinthian's casuals" are legends....
For example.....

http://www.corinthian-casuals.com/some-amazing-facts-about-casuals.html

Blimey!!

And all we ask for is an onion in a burger on match day!

I take it all back!!

The "Corinthian's casuals" are legends....
For example.....

http://www.corinthian-casuals.com/some-amazing-facts-about-casuals.html

Blimey!!

And all we ask for is an onion in a burger on match day!

Amazing club, Stan Collymore recently did a piece on them for his TV show. Even today being an Amateur side competing for promotion in a semi pro league. I know clubs in the thurlow nunn eastern counties league level that are paying players £300 a week, so for Corinthian Casuals to be competing above that level with nobody getting paid really is something special.

Amazing club, Stan Collymore recently did a piece on them for his TV show. Even today being an Amateur side competing for promotion in a semi pro league. I know clubs in the thurlow nunn eastern counties league level that are paying players £300 a week, so for Corinthian Casuals to be competing above that level with nobody getting paid really is something special.

:off topic: by me here but...

For anyone interested in reading a bit more about them - and indeed the origins of football in this country - this is a real page turner. I loved it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beastly-Fury-Strange-British-Football/dp/0553819356

:off topic: by me here but...

For anyone interested in reading a bit more about them - and indeed the origins of football in this country - this is a real page turner. I loved it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beastly-Fury-Strange-British-Football/dp/0553819356

Just seen the latest state of the pitch that Billericay and Wealdstone have to play on tomorow, I wouldn't fancy that much, looks like Rochdale before they relaid that pitch.

FT:

They got thrashed 5-2.

Now just waiting to hear the news that Tamplin has sacked himself. :smile:

And tamplin still ain't shown his face, wonder if his still gonna sack himself:hilarious:

So there's no change then eh, his always said he was not the one picking the side and that wheeler always had the final choice on team selection, so his now assistant manager to wheeler just like he said he was a few weeks ago, I'm really surprised the pitch excuse hasn't come out yet, it's the same for both sides isn't it:smile:

Interesting article that. Especially the bit about asking the players to give up a weeks wages after losing.

I think he's out of he's depth and lost the plot.

Back