• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

Rooney joins Billericay....Ok, not that one, but Luke Rooney (Ex Gillingham and Swindon, he also played in the states along side Drogba).

Sounds like Louie Theophanous is heading out the door in the opposite direction. Despite bagging 11 goals this season.

Last edited:
One player that is wasted at Billericay is Sam deering, Billericays most consistent player and could still do a good job in league football.

Some of my happiest memories was going to Wembley to watch Billericay in the FA Vase final in the late 70's, they had a decent forward called Freddie Clayden who had an eye for goal, always wondered why we never tried to sign him.
In them days you could follow a non league and not get abused for following a lower club and being not a true follower of Southend

UTS

I went to all 3 too, and The Sheffield replay too.
Doug Young got the first cup final hat trick since 66 in the Almondsbury Greenway 5 1 win . The third vase win in 4 years

One player that is wasted at Billericay is Sam deering, Billericays most consistent player and could still do a good job in league football.

Agree, I'd say he's the best player by some way in that league (imo). Strange move as he was key in getting Ebbsfleet promoted last season up into Conference National and they known as big wage-payers.

Yeah, I second that, they seem to hold him in high regard, hence them bringing in Rooney.

Quote:

“Luke is a quality player and he can make things happen,” said the Town head coach. “I think Luke is similar to Sam Deering in the sense that they are both capable of winning a game on their own. Intelligent players are able to play with each other and both of these boys are."

“Sam can play with anyone and Luke is similar. He can play across the middle line, in the hole and in wide positions. I am sure they can link up well."

Interesting the comments about Rooney since he's had a far from notable career to date. Flitted between umpteen clubs (often on loan) before ending up at a second-string outfit over the pond. Suggests to me 'ricay may well be about his playing level.

In them days you could follow a non league and not get abused for following a lower club and being not a true follower of Southend

UTS

I think that's still 'ok'. I don't give a hoot about Billericay as (a) I have no local connection and (b) Tamplin appears to be a total arsehead.

However, I enjoy following the fortunes of Hemel Hempstead Town (close enough that I can hear crowd noise from my back garden!) as well as the Canvey sides.

I find non-league in general can be a nice break from watching Southend - not the same highs, but no terrible lows if the team I am watching happen to lose!

I think that's still 'ok'. I don't give a hoot about Billericay as (a) I have no local connection and (b) Tamplin appears to be a total arsehead.

However, I enjoy following the fortunes of Hemel Hempstead Town (close enough that I can hear crowd noise from my back garden!) as well as the Canvey sides.

I find non-league in general can be a nice break from watching Southend - not the same highs, but no terrible lows if the team I am watching happen to lose!

I agree - Ive watched Maidstone a few times and it's a decent ground.

I agree - Ive watched Maidstone a few times and it's a decent ground.

Feeñl the same way about watching Espanyol.Certainly a decent ground.No great lows if they lose.:winking:

He's going about it the wrong way, people who loves Billericay and care are already going to games so saying "you need to come or we won't survive" to a bunch of people who don't care is futile. He needs to attract more people and make them care. He should be telling everyone what great entertainment they will be getting for their money, I'm sure the goals per pound spent ratio there is very good and I've heard the facilities are pretty good for a club their size too.

Played against the "Corinthian Casuals"..... Sounds like a proper old terrace firm from the 80's!!...Proper tasty encounter that was!!....(doing my Danny Dyer impression).....No surprise then that one of the Billericay players got concussed and got carted off in a ambulance. :smile:

Tamplin announced the signing of the former Daggers captain Scott Doe this week, despite him already signing for Whitehawk. He then had to retract the announcement. Pretty farcical really!

Anyone seen the state of the Billericay pitch after there last home game ? That's gonna take a bit of work to get that sorted, like a cow field:smile:

Are you trying to say that RH is in better condition.Anyway its what you get when you allow cows on the ground during the week to cut the grass .
rootshall is much better right now, sacking of a groundsman is surely just round the corner eh:omg:

Back