• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

You totally missed my point, not sure of your age, so I will make it more clear

Some of us have followed Southend through dark days, some have jumped onto the team at the best years of the club, under Tilly who brought much success against the odds
You and me sing from the same hymn sheet,and probably have supported the club in the very bad years and so success came even more sweeter for us, and I agree I would rather play in front of 4000 fans singing out their hearts rather than 8000+ many will moan if not top of the league after two weeks
Not once did I say ditch the club, I believe once you get the club in your blood its hard to follow any one else, however my post if you would like to read it again, was stating many are jealous that a smaller club is getting the financial backing, whether its right or wrong,and would love to see them go to the wall, whilst many football fans are interested in the outcome and hoping the true supporters are not shafted

UTS

You totally missed my point, not sure of your age, so I will make it more clear

Some of us have followed Southend through dark days, some have jumped onto the team at the best years of the club, under Tilly who brought much success against the odds
You and me sing from the same hymn sheet,and probably have supported the club in the very bad years and so success came even more sweeter for us, and I agree I would rather play in front of 4000 fans singing out their hearts rather than 8000+ many will moan if not top of the league after two weeks
Not once did I say ditch the club, I believe once you get the club in your blood its hard to follow any one else, however my post if you would like to read it again, was stating many are jealous that a smaller club is getting the financial backing, whether its right or wrong,and would love to see them go to the wall, whilst many football fans are interested in the outcome and hoping the true supporters are not shafted

UTS

Nah I did get your point and you clearly share my attitude too. But I don't believe that jealousy exists when you support a club like ours, it would have been too easy for us all - as kids - to pick a club that has everything we should be jealous about, and none of us did. I don't think people want Billericay to go bust at all - but I suspect nobody is averse to Tamplin failing to get the success his ego craves. I don't feel that is a jealousy though, perhaps my interpretation of what you mean is wrong, but in my opinion the general feeling of resentment towards Billericay is only at the vain man owning and running the show, not the club itself.

I retract my previous words about him being humble. He did come across as humble in the radio interview. I thought maybe he had turned a corner and stopped his ego trip well obviously not.

More like turned a corner and tripped over his ego.....

Didn't realise Craig Edwards had gone to Kingstonian,

Pleased for him, he is a solid lower league manager with a son who is an ex shrimper

Yeah it was actually a friend of mine who played under Edwards at Billericay who sent me the link to that blog. He was very pleased for Craig and "Big Rick"

Jesus he is obsessed! It looks ****ing *****!

Does anyone know much about him? Is he a pikey? I'm just putting 2 and 2 together, scrap metal and zero class

Does anyone know much about him? Is he a pikey? I'm just putting 2 and 2 together, scrap metal and zero class

I have worked with lots of rich people, who inherited their wealth and have zero class, so not necessary a pikey
My guess someone who has accumulated the wealth and has low self esteem, hence his "Look at me" tweets and photos

The problem the more people comment and fuel his ego, the better he feels, ignore and they go away
It's a larger scale RM, when he started, big stadium plans, models of the ground, except Billericay seem to be up grading whilst we ponder

UTS

Only a matter of time before one of the players tries to ping him when he undoubtedly gets fed up of being called a **** every pre match team talk. My money's on Pennant

I admire Tamplin for what he's trying to do and he's put his money where his mouth is but he's still getting it all wrong. The team talks alone are enough to make you cringe. Talking down to ex Premier League players before they go out and play against a team of lads with 9-5 jobs

Back