• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

Streaky

Manager⭐
What are you making of Billericay Town and their owner - he seems like an interesting bloke. Putting a lot of money into the squad and making changes to matchday, not sure how much dough he has, but seems intent to take them up a few levels.

If they did get into the FL - then at least its an easy game to get to :winking:

Twitter feed - https://twitter.com/glenntamplin

bt.JPG

What are you making of Billericay Town and their owner - he seems like an interesting bloke. Putting a lot of money into the squad and making changes to matchday, not sure how much dough he has, but seems intent to take them up a few levels.

If they did get into the FL - then at least its an easy game to get to :winking:

Twitter feed - https://twitter.com/glenntamplin

View attachment 4789

Looks like when you give a 7 year old an Argos catalogue.

A 120ft 'muriel' to display their glorious history. I assume the writing will be in very big letters.

The changes alone that they have made to the ground in just the last few weeks is impressive and the signing of Sam deering is a big one, will be looking out for billercays results for sure this season:thumbsup:

They are certs to win the league but can't find anyone offering them to win the league as a market, I know I've bet that low down the pyramid before. Uncle Leo, any suggestions?

They are certs to win the league but can't find anyone offering them to win the league as a market, I know I've bet that low down the pyramid before. Uncle Leo, any suggestions?

I saw somewhere they were 1/10 a couple of weeks ago, I assume nobody is willing to trade that division as it is a bad each way market for bookies.

If your loaded and want to spend some of it fast, then why not on a local team. At least the locals will benefit for years to come rather than if he had spent it on say flying a balloon around the world.

Barry Hearn has pumped some money into East Hanningfield cricket club. They have a very nice pavilion, which is at the end of his garden. He turns out for their second 11. Well done Barry.

Think I read a tweet of his the other day saying the capacity at the redeveloped ground was going to be 8,000. Now I know he is putting in 2,000+ seats but I still don't see how there is room for terracing to hold nearly 6,000 people. If you take Kingsmeadow for example that capacity is only 4,800 and is probably bigger than Billericay's ground.

Did you see the picture of his LaFerrari as well!

Am I correct in thinking he is still their team manager? If so and despite the signings he must surely be tactically naive? I reckon they will win their league, but I don't think it will be a walkover

I saw somewhere they were 1/10 a couple of weeks ago, I assume nobody is willing to trade that division as it is a bad each way market for bookies.

Agreed. Maybe a market will be up again much nearer the start of the season, but betting on this level of football this far out is fraught with danger for the bookmakers. Hardly any upside, massive potential downside.

Am I correct in thinking he is still their team manager? If so and despite the signings he must surely be tactically naive? I reckon they will win their league, but I don't think it will be a walkover

Correcto...he is head honcho on all and everything with an ego to match.

Agreed. Maybe a market will be up again much nearer the start of the season, but betting on this level of football this far out is fraught with danger for the bookmakers. Hardly any upside, massive potential downside.

Oddschecker usually show a few odds for the Ryman Premier but nothing available at the moment - which hardly surprising.

Word is he wanted Bullard to take over this season until Bullard took the **** out of him.

Back