• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

Does anyone think that Billericay could become a threat to our own fan base? Particularly Basildon which seems split between ourselves, West Ham and other London clubs. I'm going to be heading to a Billericay game soon....partly out of interest and partly due to the fact the town has some decent pubs :smile:

Nope and no way. Its a even bigger pain in the arse for me to get to Billericay than Southend. I'm staying put.

He was saying at the start of the week he was expecting a sell out. Gotta admit he is comedy gold on twitter with some of the rubbish he comes out with. Defo not the full ticket!

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=&]https://twitter.com/COPA90/status/903633509998321666

I hope this link works. I found it funny for something that's not about him, he says 'I this', 'I that' a lot...

edit: You'll have to copy and paste it into your browser.[/FONT]

Got David Brent written all over it

I must admit I would like to jump on the train to see what the place is like, I understand every match day there is a DJ in the clubhouse, few beers..

What price FA Cup 1st Round - Billericay Town v Southend United? :smile:

This, from the always excellent twohundredpercent, is a predictably fantastic missive at Tamplin and the Billericay dream: http://twohundredpercent.net/billericay-town-essex/

Shockingly, he might not be as rich as he makes out.

Great Article

Looks like it was a lucky escape for Brentwood, who had a decent team and a fine Non League ground in the 60's until someone "invested" in them (Bairstow I believe) then merged them with Chelmsford and built houses on the ground.
Being screwed over twice would have been really unfair

Hope he succeeds in what he is doing

Good to see non league getting a mention, too many pundits forget that there are other leagues apart from premiership

Whether the bubble will burst only time will tell and I am sure the anti Billericay people will e full of glee if it does

UTS

Just heard Tamplin on BBC Essex or should that be BBC Billericay! anyway he wants an 'easy' tie in the 2nd round draw tonight then draw a Prem team in the 3rd round, then he doesn't mind getting knocked out the cup.

Just heard Tamplin on BBC Essex or should that be BBC Billericay! anyway he wants an 'easy' tie in the 2nd round draw tonight then draw a Prem team in the 3rd round, then he doesn't mind getting knocked out the cup.
id think about winning his first round replay first and concentrate on the league as they are around 8 points off the leaders, OK they have games in hand but there comes a stage when points in the bag count more than games in hand the longer the season goes on and your left playing 4 games in one week:omg:

Didn't quite get he's wish, if they get through the replay, they have Wycombe away.

Back