• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

Interesting three weeks for Billericay have 9 games to play from 22/3-9/4

Reminds of Canvey a few years back, they were playing every other day,and I think correct buggered up their promotion big time

Reminds of Canvey a few years back, they were playing every other day,and I think correct buggered up their promotion big time

Let’s hope the same happens, I don’t dislike Billericay I despise Glenn Tamplin and hope he fails miserably.

17 games in the next 39 days ..... the next 5 games are every other day .... and 4 games from April 5th-11th

I see the wheels coming off and Tamplin pulling the plug...real shame for Billericay

I think they have enough for this season, he got the "Named "players in early and a part from the first game blip, went on an excellent run to put them in a strong position for automatics

Next season will be interesting, could he get a few "Named" players in to kick start the season

Decent following now, taking 600+ to Colchester for Essex Senior Cup final, which is amazing.
I hope they continue, problems will come later down the line with the ground, that's when problems may arise when higher up the leagues, but that is still some way down the line
No problem with the Chairman and his noises, I seem to remember we had someone who was vocal some years back

UTS

With a playing budget umpteen times that of their closest rivals is it really any surprise their position in the league and a likely automatic promotion?

Next season will be entirely different plus the rules on club-funding are far more stringent and it’s a far tougher league. If sitting mid-table and not winning week in week out I’d doubt crowds will hold-up anywhere near as high as hoped by GT, if doing badly then a return to the hardy 300 regulars is possible.

With a playing budget umpteen times that of their closest rivals is it really any surprise their position in the league and a likely automatic promotion?

Next season will be entirely different plus the rules on club-funding are far more stringent and it’s a far tougher league. If sitting mid-table and not winning week in week out I’d doubt crowds will hold-up anywhere near as high as hoped by GT, if doing badly then a return to the hardy 300 regulars is possible.

I wouldn't disagree, but we are mid table and holding our crowds. It was only a few season we were playing mid week in front of small gates
If he can capture the youngsters who can go to a game with Dad and get good food/club house and a safe environment, I think we shouldn't under estimate him.
End of the day those new Ricay fans he is pulling in, could easily have been Shrimpers

I agree GT doesnot come across as the nicest person in football, but he hasnot done too bad this season, always keeping the club in the news ,whether staged or not

Again the only winners will be the fans if success comes to them, however the reverse can be said if the club go into free fall

I just hope not another Hornchurch or Canvey happens, would be a shame for the older fans

No way will the bandwagon brigade continue attending unless the team are doing well. They have a core of 250-350 fans, it’s also cheap enough for kids to attend on their own, as quite a few do, without having dad along. It’s results on the pitch that brings in the numbers, not mid-table medocrity, more noticeably so in the non-league game.

Most probably can only end one way but hopefully not with the disappearance of the club. I see he’s not mentioned as sole owner now....

I think billericay will fall short tonight against Chelmsford, I'm going 4-1 chelmsford:smile:

I think billericay will fall short tonight against Chelmsford, I'm going 4-1 chelmsford:smile:

Much as I like that optimistic prediction have a feeling ‘Ricay might win it, City’s front-line (what there is of it) is notably damp squib like, but at least the Colch locals can see a proper game tonight for a change....

Much as I like that optimistic prediction have a feeling ‘Ricay might win it, City’s front-line (what there is of it) is notably damp squib like, but at least the Colch locals can see a proper game tonight for a change....
i still think it's easy for Chelmsford as Billericay leak goals for fun lately, ok they can score also but I think Chelmsford will turn out to be to strong.

Decent following now, taking 600+ to Colchester for Essex Senior Cup final, which is amazing.

A good attendance from both teams really.

Billericay = 920
Chelmsford = 878

Apparently the total is: 2,528 ...... i'm guessing the other 730 are corporate's

Edit: just been tweeted that the 730 were for officials and neutrals.

Last edited:
Billericay Town won 2-1 to lift the Essex Senior Cup.

Ex Southend United Youth player & Leigh On Sea raised "Calum Butcher" scored the winner.

Yep, the 2,528 was a great turnout though doubtful those club crowd figures are too accurate as Essex FA had only a couple of hundred tickets and City had been outselling B’ricay by 150-200 leading up to the match. Good night out for all in attendance befitting a cup final and it’s a super trophy to win. Pity it’s not taken more seriously by a club closer to home.....

Back