Likes Likes:  93
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Billericay Town

Default Billericay Town

What are you making of Billericay Town and their owner - he seems like an interesting bloke. Putting a lot of money into the squad and making changes to matchday, not sure how much dough he has, but seems intent to take them up a few levels.

If they did get into the FL - then at least its an easy game to get to

Twitter feed - https://twitter.com/glenntamplin

bt.JPG

The bloke's a weapons grade arse.

Pubey

Quote Originally Posted by Streaky View Post
    What are you making of Billericay Town and their owner - he seems like an interesting bloke. Putting a lot of money into the squad and making changes to matchday, not sure how much dough he has, but seems intent to take them up a few levels.

If they did get into the FL - then at least its an easy game to get to

Twitter feed - https://twitter.com/glenntamplin

bt.JPG
    Looks like when you give a 7 year old an Argos catalogue.

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

A 120ft 'muriel' to display their glorious history. I assume the writing will be in very big letters.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandBlue View Post
    The bloke's a weapons grade arse.
    Why? he seems to be doing a good job for the club and local football I hope.

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    Why? he seems to be doing a good job for the club and local football I hope.
    Check out this tweet...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    Check out this tweet...

Haha that is almost as cringey as his pre match singalong.
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

I suppose it's a case of watch this space then,thanks chaps.

The changes alone that they have made to the ground in just the last few weeks is impressive and the signing of Sam deering is a big one, will be looking out for billercays results for sure this season

They are certs to win the league but can't find anyone offering them to win the league as a market, I know I've bet that low down the pyramid before. Uncle Leo, any suggestions?
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Otto View Post
    They are certs to win the league but can't find anyone offering them to win the league as a market, I know I've bet that low down the pyramid before. Uncle Leo, any suggestions?
    I saw somewhere they were 1/10 a couple of weeks ago, I assume nobody is willing to trade that division as it is a bad each way market for bookies.

If your loaded and want to spend some of it fast, then why not on a local team. At least the locals will benefit for years to come rather than if he had spent it on say flying a balloon around the world.

Barry Hearn has pumped some money into East Hanningfield cricket club. They have a very nice pavilion, which is at the end of his garden. He turns out for their second 11. Well done Barry.

Think I read a tweet of his the other day saying the capacity at the redeveloped ground was going to be 8,000. Now I know he is putting in 2,000+ seats but I still don't see how there is room for terracing to hold nearly 6,000 people. If you take Kingsmeadow for example that capacity is only 4,800 and is probably bigger than Billericay's ground.

Did you see the picture of his LaFerrari as well!

Am I correct in thinking he is still their team manager? If so and despite the signings he must surely be tactically naive? I reckon they will win their league, but I don't think it will be a walkover