• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you freeze the clip at about 35/36 seconds you will see a second bald bloke with a light coloured Stone Island top , on the far right off the screen. The Bart Simpson look-alike

He was in the first group in the Spread and was one of the organisers. A 6 year old could spot him.

At 30 secs you see a Tony Livermore with a bobble hat on his head looking out the window , RIP Tony .

Upto 30 pages and the drift is on. There was me thinking this was all to do with SD, his attack and subsequent convictions, doh, silly old me. Of course, it's all the fault of CUFC 'fans' and police apparently according to certain informed folk on here. Good job none of the SUFC element got involved wasn't it......erm, but they did didn't they and with tragic results.

May be for the next potentially fractious situation the club should ask the police to provide enough numbers for a man-for-man marking policy on each and every visiting supporter.....

Upto 30 pages and the drift is on. There was me thinking this was all to do with SD, his attack and subsequent convictions, doh, silly old me. Of course, it's all the fault of CUFC 'fans' and police apparently according to certain informed folk on here. Good job none of the SUFC element got involved wasn't it......erm, but they did didn't they and with tragic results.

May be for the next potentially fractious situation the club should ask the police to provide enough numbers for a man-for-man marking policy on each and every visiting supporter.....
This thread has been a shamefiul pop at the Police imho.

Last edited:
At 1 min 24 secs you see a Tony Livermore with a bobble hat on his head looking out the window , RIP Tony .

It was great to see you at his funeral and The Elms after sosborne. Next time I see you I will gladly buy you a pint of your finest. At his funeral me and Carl C decided to go in last as we didn't want to be at the front as of course that's for the family. The first in took the back seats and it went on until we being the last in somehow ended up in the front row, Lol. Tony would have laughed at that.

Come on these people are hardly masters of disguise, men of a thousand faces.
Well tell me. What does a football hooligan look like? I know plenty of 50 years who go to football not in colours. I am one. So what differentiates me from a hoolie? Should I be searched every time I get off my unofficial coach because I fit a demographic? Should I be prepared to be asked to leave a boozer because I look like some who may wish to start a fight.

No one on here has said that.

What most people are able to see is that this incident didn't just start at 19:15 that day. Like any tragedy if you don't look at the chain of events you won't stop it happening again.

Why don't you suggest something worthwhile and you might just save some one else from a kicking.

Of all the things I've struggled to reconcile in this thread, someone not browsing the forums on '40 posts per page' has to be the most confusing.

Well tell me. What does a football hooligan look like? I know plenty of 50 years who go to football not in colours. I am one. So what differentiates me from a hoolie? Should I be searched every time I get off my unofficial coach because I fit a demographic? Should I be prepared to be asked to leave a boozer because I look like some who may wish to start a fight.
Brands of clothing for a start.. Stone Island and CP not Slazenger and GAP. (Not suggesting you wear any of those brands!)

I just can't understand how anyone can get so out of control that they can punch and kick someone who long since stopped fighting back to the point where anyone with a brain must know they are danger of killing them. And all that will entail. Because of football.

I just can't understand how anyone can get so out of control that they can punch and kick someone who long since stopped fighting back to the point where anyone with a brain must know they are danger of killing them. And all that will entail. Because of football.

Mob mentality. The most placid of people can be influenced by their peers into terrible acts. Doesn't excuse the actions at all but it's a well documented psychological trait.

If you freeze the clip at about 35/36 seconds you will see a second bald bloke with a light coloured Stone Island top , on the far right off the screen. The Bart Simpson look-alike

He was in the first group in the Spread and was one of the organisers. A 6 year old could spot him.

What an embarrassment. Looks like they are scraping the bottom of the gene-pool in Cambridge

This thread has been a shamefiul pop at the Police imho.

Do you think the police did a good job with this case?

They failed to identify & prevent trouble happening before the match. They failed to prevent trouble happening during the match. They struggled to prevent trouble happening after the match. They failed to correctly identify the attackers. They failed to get proper sentences for those attackers.

The whole thing has been bungled, including the convictions. What exactly have the old bill got to be proud of?

They failed to identify & prevent trouble happening before the match. They failed to prevent trouble happening during the match. They struggled to prevent trouble happening after the match. They failed to correctly identify the attackers. They failed to get proper sentences for those attackers.

The whole thing has been bungled, including the convictions. What exactly have the old bill got to be proud of?

In your opinion. The jury didn't seem to think so and they sat in on the trial. You didn't.

In your opinion. The jury didn't seem to think so and they sat in on the trial. You didn't.

Its an opinion thats hard to argue with? I can't identify one thing, that the old bill have to be proud of, And you offering the jury sitting in on the case, doesn't amount to anything in truth. First off, You'd have to be naive or intentionally ignorant to believe that jurors don't get it wrong from time-to-time. Secondly, The jury had to make an assessment of the information they were given. No more, no less.

Breaking it down there, the Information they had to go on, was very little... such as, all of the defendants owned a mobile phone, which were used during the course of that day.

The only real damning piece of evidence that the old bill had at their disposal, was the blood, and even then, their expert couldn't determine how the droplets got on the clothing, whether direct contact or third party transfer.

They failed to identify & prevent trouble happening before the match. They failed to prevent trouble happening during the match. They struggled to prevent trouble happening after the match. .

Something else that went unreported, was that I burnt my mouth on a cup of tea from the East Stand Tea Bar that day. The police failed to ensure the tea was at a safe temperature and then failed to ensure that I waited for it to cool before taking my first sip.

Seriously...these people are adults, they need to take responsibility. I'm sure the Police could have done things better, but apportioning blame to them is ridiculous. The Police didn't make any of this happen and should not have needed to be involved.

Like all tragedies, there's a string of events that lead up to it that, in hindsight or even foresight, could have been avoided.

To me, there's a lot of issues to do with the day itself, that haven't covered anyone in any glory.

Simon Dobbin was in the wrong place, at the wrong time and what happened to him, nobody deserves.

However, there are a whole host of reasons why, on a different day, none of the events needed to happen.

There's more than just the convicted who need to take a little responsibility for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back