• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

......And the saga continues........

Hopefully he has finally signed after yet another improved contract offer from Uncle Ron, but i'm not holding my breath.

Maybe we need to pause and take a deep breath here. If Lenny was talked out of putting in a transfer request in the morning, why did it get reported by Phil that he had put one in in the afternoon? Clarification needed I think.

Perhaps it was actually withdrawn but they have agreed to report it as not in in the first place for some reason. Chris Philips will be well pleased if so

Here is what makes sense to me.
Lenny has told Phil he is rejecting offer and putting in transfer request.
The bouffanted one then get involved and meets with Lenny before he sets off for Braintree ( very persuasive the bouffanted one ask Mr. kightly)
Lenny then turns up at Braintree with head all over place - request in, request out, agent bursting a blood vessel (almost blurting out but what about my fee and stopping himself, PB says is request in? Yes, unless it's not, I don't know, I don't know..Lenny lad go home well talk later.
Later..no I've not put in a request
all this to me says Lenny is in some turmoil and there is still a chance that he could yet sign a further increased contract offer- but the agent will be desperate to regain control..

Here is what makes sense to me.
Lenny has told Phil he is rejecting offer and putting in transfer request.
The bouffanted one then get involved and meets with Lenny before he sets off for Braintree ( very persuasive the bouffanted one ask Mr. kightly)
Lenny then turns up at Braintree with head all over place - request in, request out, agent bursting a blood vessel (almost blurting out but what about my fee and stopping himself, PB says is request in? Yes, unless it's not, I don't know, I don't know..Lenny lad go home well talk later.
Later..no I've not put in a request
all this to me says Lenny is in some turmoil and there is still a chance that he could yet sign a further increased contract offer- but the agent will be desperate to regain control..

Perhaps the discussions have hit the buffers. It looks like all this talk has derailed Lenny.
Sad%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Why? We want to keep him? Thank God we have a chairman with some balls and does roll over without a fight..

Because I'm getting sick and tired of the whole thing as I said in my original post.... I thought I made that clear without someone asking why :stunned:

Because I'm getting sick and tired of the whole thing as I said in my original post.... I thought I made that clear without someone asking why :stunned:

Thanks god we don't have to lose our best players when you get sick & tired :-)

Why? We want to keep him? Thank God we have a chairman with some balls and does roll over without a fight..

We may want to keep him, but it's pretty clear that he wants to play Championship football now, not next season. I agree that Ron has played a solid game so far, but if Sheffield or Millwall make the right offer then Lenny's gone.

We may want to keep him, but it's pretty clear that he wants to play Championship football now, not next season. I agree that Ron has played a solid game so far, but if Sheffield or Millwall make the right offer then Lenny's gone.

You are right.. Unless you are wrong..

Thanks god we don't have to lose our best players when you get sick & tired :-)

I agree, he is one of owe best players, but this can't go on. RM and PB has done a great job trying to keep him but he's going to go no matter what when the best offer comes in. I'd rather this mess stop now so we can find a replacement and move on. You asked why I'm sick and tired of all this and I've said quite a few times (why) yet you ask (why) again.....:stunned:

So what does it mean that Lenny has retracted his transfer request?

What does this mean in the grand scale of things?

Is he just as likely or less likely to go?

Back