Likes Likes:  71
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leonard chooses not to put in a transfer request after all

Default Leonard chooses not to put in a transfer request after all

......And the saga continues........

Hopefully he has finally signed after yet another improved contract offer from Uncle Ron, but i'm not holding my breath.

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Maybe we need to pause and take a deep breath here. If Lenny was talked out of putting in a transfer request in the morning, why did it get reported by Phil that he had put one in in the afternoon? Clarification needed I think.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Perhaps it was actually withdrawn but they have agreed to report it as not in in the first place for some reason. Chris Philips will be well pleased if so
    Kennington Shrimpers

Either that or Ron has managed to reincarnate Pele at a secret factory in Great Wakering and convinced Ryan to stay that way

IMG_3286.jpg
    Kennington Shrimpers

Great News if true. I've said it before 1st name on the team sheet.
    55/92

Warning: May contain an opinion:

Here is what makes sense to me.
    Lenny has told Phil he is rejecting offer and putting in transfer request.
    The bouffanted one then get involved and meets with Lenny before he sets off for Braintree ( very persuasive the bouffanted one ask Mr. kightly)
    Lenny then turns up at Braintree with head all over place - request in, request out, agent bursting a blood vessel (almost blurting out but what about my fee and stopping himself, PB says is request in? Yes, unless it's not, I don't know, I don't know..Lenny lad go home well talk later.
    Later..no I've not put in a request
    all this to me says Lenny is in some turmoil and there is still a chance that he could yet sign a further increased contract offer- but the agent will be desperate to regain control..

Quote Originally Posted by kentblues View Post
    Here is what makes sense to me.
    Lenny has told Phil he is rejecting offer and putting in transfer request.
    The bouffanted one then get involved and meets with Lenny before he sets off for Braintree ( very persuasive the bouffanted one ask Mr. kightly)
    Lenny then turns up at Braintree with head all over place - request in, request out, agent bursting a blood vessel (almost blurting out but what about my fee and stopping himself, PB says is request in? Yes, unless it's not, I don't know, I don't know..Lenny lad go home well talk later.
    Later..no I've not put in a request
    all this to me says Lenny is in some turmoil and there is still a chance that he could yet sign a further increased contract offer- but the agent will be desperate to regain control..

Perhaps the discussions have hit the buffers. It looks like all this talk has derailed Lenny.

I'm getting sick and tired of this from all parties... Just sell and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoblue View Post
    Why? We want to keep him? Thank God we have a chairman with some balls and does roll over without a fight..

Why? We want to keep him? Thank God we have a chairman with some balls and does roll over without a fight..
    Because I'm getting sick and tired of the whole thing as I said in my original post.... I thought I made that clear without someone asking why

Because I'm getting sick and tired of the whole thing as I said in my original post.... I thought I made that clear without someone asking why
    Thanks god we don't have to lose our best players when you get sick & tired :-)

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

We may want to keep him, but it's pretty clear that he wants to play Championship football now, not next season. I agree that Ron has played a solid game so far, but if Sheffield or Millwall make the right offer then Lenny's gone.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Rootshallbloke View Post
    We may want to keep him, but it's pretty clear that he wants to play Championship football now, not next season. I agree that Ron has played a solid game so far, but if Sheffield or Millwall make the right offer then Lenny's gone.
    You are right.. Unless you are wrong..

Blog Entries

"Just sell him and move on" Good god man please never be a chairman