Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fossetts Farm - Something I've noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2holes View Post
    So does this mean we will get a final yay or nay of the 26th of September?
    It means the application to Rochford has a target decision date of 26th September. It also means Rochford's planning portal is more helpful than Southend's as I'm not sure we're clear about the specific dates on the Southend application. However, there's a good chance that both applications were submitted relatively close together and timings could be statutory - in which case, a decision from Southend Council may follow not long after Rochford's.
    Kennington Shrimpers

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Lomas View Post
    I have seen locals moaning on the Echo's Facebook page for the past few months complaining we don't have planning permission for said stadium/boards and that "the town is all about football".
    They must be the most misguided people in the world if they think that. The town has never cared much about its football club sadly, the local councillors are all happy to declare their allegiances to the big London club as are most of the residents. It's about time the town gave Southend United a break.

Buy All At Sea online

@allatseafanzine

All At Sea, as seen in the Sun, the Southend Echo, the Guardian and FourFourTwo magazine.
    Contribute: allatseafanzine@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    Weird - I thought the training ground already had planning permission.
    The original plans for the training complex were passed by Rochford County Council.

These have now been modified to remove the floodlit pitch at the far end (there were objections to this in the original plans) and they have added a training complex block which now includes changing/locker rooms, showers, offices etc, plus layout changes to the car parking areas.

So I believe modified plans need to be approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    Some of the consultation responses are lamentable in their NIMBYism. A reminder to all that if you support Southend United, show it by writing in to support these plans:

http://msp.rochford.gov.uk/Planning/...&viewdocs=true
    Yet more NIMBY objections received today. Doesn't anyone on here live in Rochford, who could write in to support the plans? I can write in but as I currently live outside the borough (returning in a few years) my views are pretty much disregarded.
    Kennington Shrimpers

Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    They must be the most misguided people in the world if they think that. The town has never cared much about its football club sadly, the local councillors are all happy to declare their allegiances to the big London club as are most of the residents. It's about time the town gave Southend United a break.
    To be fair they were fully behind the first plans we put forward, and even agreed revised plans when we couldn't afford to pay for it.

The Council were very supportive a decade ago, we shall see how much so this time with Seaway in competition.
    Last edited by Ricey; 21-07-2017 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Fix quote, you should know better ;)

Reading the NIMBY letters and one says there are deer over there? That's not true surely?

I would very much doubt it.
    Last edited by kaymac; 22-07-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Could a link to the council site not be added to the main forum allowing everyone easy access to comment/show support.
    not always good but never ever boring

Some of the letters submitted are quite ott in content, you'd think the entire area was a thriving nature reserve. I wonder if they made similar negative comments when the Waitrose and B+Q stores were proposed?

Love this part of one of the 2 letters from the same address that starts "I object to my name & address being published for everyone to see & feel that this is in breach of The Data Protection Act".

Only to see that they have blanked out some of the info but have left his name and address at the top of both the letters in full few.