• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossetts Farm - Something I've noticed

Agent Lomas

Manager
Having driven down Fossetts Way every day on my commute to and from work, last week, I noticed the addition of two sheets of paper, one on each board at the end of Fossetts way.

Was chatting to my dad about it and we were wondering if anyone else has seen these? Are they notes of disapproval from locals or could it be proof of planning permission? I have seen locals moaning on the Echo's Facebook page for the past few months complaining we don't have planning permission for said stadium/boards and that "the town is all about football".

The main board down Sutton Road is on Rochford owned land but from what I've seen, that's gaining more complaints than the individual boards, unsurprisingly. It would appear the non-football squad have been getting involved, (i.e. council complaints) since they were put up.

Alternative plans:

Leave 10 minutes earlier, so you can read it twice in case you don't believe it the first time.

Pull over, sprint to the papery thing, take a photo of it, sprint back to the car, leap in, shout "Go, go, go!" and burn off like you're a boy racer. That should save time.

Find a brash but good-hearted urchin and offer then a shiny sixpence to tell you what the paper is.

Send a drone to look at it.

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

:smile:

Until he does it this paper is just myth and will fade from human consciousness for eternity.

Had a letter last week from Rochford District council about the plans, I wouldn't mind betting it's to do with that. Apologies, have thrown said letter away!

So does this mean we will get a final yay or nay of the 26th of September?

So does this mean we will get a final yay or nay of the 26th of September?

It means the application to Rochford has a target decision date of 26th September. It also means Rochford's planning portal is more helpful than Southend's as I'm not sure we're clear about the specific dates on the Southend application. However, there's a good chance that both applications were submitted relatively close together and timings could be statutory - in which case, a decision from Southend Council may follow not long after Rochford's.

I have seen locals moaning on the Echo's Facebook page for the past few months complaining we don't have planning permission for said stadium/boards and that "the town is all about football".

They must be the most misguided people in the world if they think that. The town has never cared much about its football club sadly, the local councillors are all happy to declare their allegiances to the big London club as are most of the residents. It's about time the town gave Southend United a break.

Weird - I thought the training ground already had planning permission.
The original plans for the training complex were passed by Rochford County Council.

These have now been modified to remove the floodlit pitch at the far end (there were objections to this in the original plans) and they have added a training complex block which now includes changing/locker rooms, showers, offices etc, plus layout changes to the car parking areas.

So I believe modified plans need to be approved.

Some of the consultation responses are lamentable in their NIMBYism. A reminder to all that if you support Southend United, show it by writing in to support these plans:

http://msp.rochford.gov.uk/Planning/dialog.page?org.apache.shale.dialog.DIALOG_NAME=gfplanningsearch&Param=lg.Planning&SDescription=17/00436/FUL&viewdocs=true

Yet more NIMBY objections received today. Doesn't anyone on here live in Rochford, who could write in to support the plans? I can write in but as I currently live outside the borough (returning in a few years) my views are pretty much disregarded.

Back