• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41326806

The Scotland game aside, they were fairly abject in the Euros and resorted to some pretty dire hit and hope football. I suspect they'll go for a big name now.

The Euros wasn't their finest occasion admittedly yet they played well in the WC in Canada 2015, if you saw any of those games. and imo deserve their current 3rd in world rankings. Under Powell they were going nowhere fast. An established 'name' is the way ahead for sure.

Should we discuss the Mark Sampson sacking on here or the sacked managers thread?
some pretty serious questions for me like
1) why is a Welsh bloke managing England?

I'll try not to fall foul of any legal things but what little has appeared in papers and etc seems to suggest that a wick may have been dipped. Whether that relates to his wick I don't know, but that seems to be being implied

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41326806

The Scotland game aside, they were fairly abject in the Euros and resorted to some pretty dire hit and hope football. I suspect they'll go for a big name now.

Didn't Tilson apply last time they were looking for a manager? He's probably be out of the game too long now for it happen though.

I suspect they'll go after a manager of a women's club in the top flight, preferably Man City since half our players play there anyway. City's owners seem to take the women's team seriously though so I'd guess their manager is on a decent wage and might not be interested.

Tilson's still at Basildon CK. Not pulling up any trees, but have certainly found incremental improvements in his time there. The WPL's a difficult league to get out of and has been very competitive between five or six teams the last three years. It'd take a fairly significant push, backed with a bit of money, for Tilly to get them into the WSL.

Brent Hills and Mo Marley, two individuals already involved in the England set-up at different age groups, the early front runners for the gig. I doubt any of the leading WSL managers would be tempted by it though, especially those who compete in the Champions League.

The use of the word "safeguarding" in the statement is a tad concerning, as this tends to insinuate vulnerability and that is usual age related in a sporting context

I see he was the senior coach of girls aged 10-16. Even at the legal end that's revolting.

Doubt we'll ever find out all the details. Why not a Welshman?

Because I personally want English teams to have English managers. Ideally, I'd like all national teams to have managers of that nation otherwise it doesn't feel right. I hate the way football, especially in England, seems to think they can just throw money at problems. Clubs buy in most of their talent, international football in my opinion should be the best that that nation has, on the pitch and in the dugout.

Fair comment, and in an ideal world I'd agree but things have moved on somewhat even if not for the best. Does your view apply to club sides too, just wondering if you felt the same for instance when Dave Smith was manager?

Fair comment, and in an ideal world I'd agree but things have moved on somewhat even if not for the best. Does your view apply to club sides too, just wondering if you felt the same for instance when Dave Smith was manager?

Before I was born I'm afraid mate (if you mean the ex Southend manager).
Other than that I'll need some more context

Back