• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

6-0!! :clap:

I feel like i am this threads equivalent of "Chicken The Cat"

What a great start to a Euro finals that is!

1. Spanking the Jocks 6-0.
2. Clean Sheet
3. Unbeaten
4. Top of the Group by a country mile
5. We have nearly scored as many goals (short by just 1) than every other country combined has scored so far in this tournament!

:thumbsup:

Spain must be bricking it right now!.... and quite rightly so on the back of that performance.

Sunday could well be a great day for our nations Women's sport if we can get a win against the Spaniards, we will be almost through to the knockout stages, and possibly winning the Cricket World Cup final at Lords!

If the only our national men's sides could sit up, pay attention and watch how to play as a team, in both disciplines.

Devastatingly clinical stuff from England, and all with our best player on the bench for most of the game. Scotland were fairly abject however and gave up as soon as the first goal went in.

A pleasing result and some really good football played too - albeit against clearly weak opposition.

I was also very pleased with the delight that my son was greeting our goals. A proper mental in the lounge for the first, which may have been excessive, but I don't wish to dampen his enthusiasm.

A pleasing result and some really good football played too - albeit against clearly weak opposition.

I was also very pleased with the delight that my son was greeting our goals. A proper mental in the lounge for the first, which may have been excessive, but I don't wish to dampen his enthusiasm.

Pity it was on so late for a school night. MK Jnr wanted to watch it but I'm a tyrant of a father. :smile:

Pity it was on so late for a school night. MK Jnr wanted to watch it but I'm a tyrant of a father. :smile:

Yeah, the first goal was his trigger to go to bed. But I know he sneaked down while we were in another room having dinner and saw the second goal too, the cheeky little sod.

Also, he asked for the score as soon as he woke up this morning. We've got a keen one here!

It looks like Norway (one of the favourites) maybe heading for an early exit, after their surprise 0-2 loss to Belgium last night.

They've been a decent & consistent team over the years (twice winners & finished runner up's in 4 finals, most recently to Germany in the last Euro's tournament, as well as 3 semi final appearances).

Sweden V Russia is one to watch later today, it could also path an easier way for England if Russia beat them.

France only managed to draw 1-1 with Austria, all the big teams seem to be underperforming this year, if nothing changes we could actually win this.

Should have been two had Brights header not been wrongly disallowed!

I think it was the right call, the offside rule was changed a year ago so that if you interfere with the keeper it's offside even if you don't go for the ball. Our player charged towards the keeper so she was about a foot in front of her so that's interfering.

Last edited:
She's no-where near the keeper until it's in the net....

Going to seem a long second half if our girls don't do better with their possession and passing in general.

She's no-where near the keeper until it's in the net....

Going to seem a long second half if our girls don't do better with their possession and passing in general.

Yeah you're right, I've seen a replay online and she's a lot further away than I thought she was, the goal should have stood.

At the moment the English defence is doing a good imitation of an Alamo re-enactment.

Back