• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC talent salaries.

I really don't understand what the fuss is about. Inequality of wages, whether it is men v women or people in equivalent positions happens. Welcome to the real world. In my job I'm graded and there is deliberately a massive salary overlap between bands. I see that happening here. Whether one person is better than another is subjective. If the women are comparatively poorly paid then either they, or their agents, haven't done their homework before negotiating their contract.

The end result of this will end in tears, either with higher license fee as BBC panders to public outcry and does some salary levelling, a further drop in standards or an exodus into the public sector for financial gain.

Jamie Cullum - which has some excellent music from across the years. Last Tuesday he played the following:

Anita O’Day, Thanks For The Boogie Ride
Ronnie Ross Quintet, The Serpent
Krystle Warren, Thanks & Praise
Ramsey Lewis, Jungle Strut
Becca Stevens, Well Loved (feat. Laura Mvula)
Donald Byrd, Cristo Redentor
Stacey Kent,One Note Samba
Binker and Moses, Intoxication From The Jahvmonishi Leaves
Dr. John, Mardi Gras Day
Portico Quartet, Endless

I've successfully resisted several opportunities to see JC play live over recent years.Can't say I think much of his playlist either, (apart from the Dr.John track).

I've successfully resisted several opportunities to see JC play live over recent years.Can't say I think much of his playlist either, (apart from the Dr.John track).
I love the Dr John 'Babylon' album. Portico Quartet are ace too.
On the subject of jazz - the Canary Wharf Jazz Fest is on mid August - in the square surrounded by skyscrapers. Sunday 20th includes Comet Is Coming and my faves Melt Yourself Down. And it's all free.

You have a choice of whether to need a TV licence, but the point was that we won't know for sure that the BBC staff are underpaid unless we see the salaries those I listed get.

After one of his posts about Jazz is anyone else just waiting for Naps to finish with nice?

I was kind of hopeing for a cool but nice is good.

Nobody is compelled by law to pay for ITV or Sky with the threat of a criminal conviction of a fine and imprisonment.

BBC, looking at what is on this week, I might watch Countryfile on Sunday, Detectorists on Tuesday, nothing much else all week except the news.
None of the Big Wage getters si, for me, they can take themselves off to other gigs.

Indeed, but trying to explain the concept of presumption of innocence to one of TV Licencing/Crapita's finest is a fool's errand.
My brother in law hasn't had a to licence for around 5-10 years. He used to get lots of letters and visits. He never let anyone in and simply stated that he didn't have a tv. They have no legal right to enter your building, he genuinely rarely watches TVs and if he does it's impossible to conclude thus from looking in a window . Lastly TV detector vans are a myth.

Indeed, but trying to explain the concept of presumption of innocence to one of TV Licencing/Crapita's finest is a fool's errand.

You don't need to tell them anything, licence people have no legal powers to enter your house and can't fine you for non-compliance, so just tell them they aren't allowed in and they'll have to go away. If they do try to go into your house without permission they are breaking the law. The letters are scare tactics as well, they can't actually do anything without concrete proof you are watching TV.

Back