• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

banjo saviola

First XI
A lad I know very well. Currently on trial at Gillingham and scored 2 last night, albeit in a 12-0 thrashing of Chatham Town.

With him being a Hullbridge lad and scoring 37 for Maldon & Tiptree last year I wonder if this is one we should have been looking at ourselves.

No chance, I'm surprised gillingham have taken a chance on him actually, seen him play a few times over the last two years as I'm a ex hullbridge player myself, he will always score goals at a certain level but never a league one player, hope I'm wrong tho as its always nice to see local lads go on and do well:thumbsup:

No chance, I'm surprised gillingham have taken a chance on him actually, seen him play a few times over the last two years as I'm a ex hullbridge player myself, he will always score goals at a certain level but never a league one player, hope I'm wrong tho as its always nice to see local lads go on and do well:thumbsup:

A young lad I recommended to Hullbridge just signed for them last night. He came on as second half sub and by all accounts made an impression so they signed him immediately.

A young lad I recommended to Hullbridge just signed for them last night. He came on as second half sub and by all accounts made an impression so they signed him immediately.
jolly good, let's hope he goes on from here, I can always remember someone gave Southend manors gary Patterson a mention a couple of years ago, he turned out to be a waste of space, he was never good enough to even last a few seasons at Essex senior level:stunned:

jolly good, let's hope he goes on from here, I can always remember someone gave Southend manors gary Patterson a mention a couple of years ago, he turned out to be a waste of space, he was never good enough to even last a few seasons at Essex senior level:stunned:

Behave, that's my mate's son. Gary Paterson, famous Southend supporter.:loyalsupporter:

There seems to be a few of us ex (old) Hullbridge players on here. :thumbsup:
I tend to agree its a big step from Essex Senior or Ryman low level to League 1, however Dwight Gayle successfully made the step up and has gone on to bigger and better things.
So if it wasnt with Gillingham, I would wish Liam good luck, but I think he might struggle to make an impact.

Colleague of mine at work played for many seasons for Hullbridge ladies and knew him and his dad well. Maybe he is one we missed out on.

At least now he has a two year deal to prove himself and try and break into the first team, hope he proves me wrong in getting off to a flyer and gets them goals but not against us:thumbsup:

Colleague of mine at work played for many seasons for Hullbridge ladies and knew him and his dad well. Maybe he is one we missed out on.

I think Gillingham is prob the better move for him personally. Has a greater chance of breaking into the 1st team there as we have much more quality in our forward line. Like others on here I am surprised he has made it that far up the ladder. Has transformed into a different player over the past 6 months though. Has become much more direct and powerful.

he may have been playing for maldon last season, but that was mostly because of their affiliation with colchester. for whatever reason they decided not to go for him. had it not been for that, he would have probably have been playing AT LEAST 2-3 levels up from Ryman div 1.

i've seen him play about 15 times and he will make a living from the game if his attitude is correct. he's quick, a really good finisher and a pain in the backside for defenders to play against. hes also got a cocky streak of big self belief which has led to him scoring most of his penalties (majority he has won himself) doing the panenka.

if anyone has missed out him, its colchester really as he was in their grasp and they chose not to pursue it. will be exciting to see how it goes for him, particularly as hes now due to play a friendly at colchester on friday night.

Sometimes you have to drop down a couple of leagues to get back up where you want to be, time will tell.

Sometimes you have to drop down a couple of leagues to get back up where you want to be, time will tell.
Yeah maybe a spell in non-league will do us good. It will be like our Southern League days all over again ( without so many Welsh teams hopefully)

We thought it was the end of the world when we dropped out of the league, but the two Vauxhall Conference years were great fun and also incuded a win at the old Wembley! Mind you with big Roy McDonough as our manager and Martin O'Neill in charge of our biggest challengers Wycombe, it was always going to be lively!

Back