• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Came up on my Facebook feed that today would have been Harrys 65th Birthday.
One of the nicest , funny and most knowledgable guys I knew.
Sadly departed far too young.

Whens that Eggheads episode on?

Anytime you like, as it's on my Facebook feed. You can see Harry giving Judith a good battle, better than the rest of us. :hilarious:

Lovely chap, I was honoured to be his friend if just for a short time. RIP buddy.

Knew him since 1971, a fellow 'Leigh Comm' member. Was'nt until many years later that I discovered his name was Malcolm!.
Soon be 5 sad years since he left us.:sad:

Posted earlier on his FB that he is missed more than he will ever know. A thoroughly lovely bloke, had a huge amount of time for him - and an absolute gent.

Only met him a few times but he always remembered me and was just a genuinely lovely bloke. He is sorely missed! The match day threads miss his famous 'We're gonna get spanked' posts!

Knew him since 1971, a fellow 'Leigh Comm' member. Was'nt until many years later that I discovered his name was Malcolm!.
Soon be 5 sad years since he left us.:sad:

Ha! Ditto for a guy I first knew from the late 60's,who was always called Roger, (though his first name is Andrew and surname Whittaker (geddit)? :winking:

I first got to know Harry at Swindon in the FA Cup game in 1969 , he was standing with a boy who kept fireing staples at the Swindon goalkeeper with a elastic band . Harry started to come up Leigh Comm about 1970 with a little crowd from Thundersley , Harry was sutch a funny guy and never had a bad word for anyone unless you came from Colchester , he was one of lifes nice guys RIP Harry .

By coincidence, Mrs Noxious showed me something about Canvey (the place) yesterday and I said, "Ah, that just reminds me of Harry." Like MKS, I only had the great pleasure of knowing Harry for a short time. He was one of the most genuine and joyous fellas I have known. Like OBL suggested, he probably didn't know just how highly so many of us thought of him. I miss him keenly. I still get a queasy feeling every time I'm on the train when it stops at Benfleet. Shine on, old son.

A top man. Knew him as a boy as he was one of my Dad's match going pals and was delighted to be re-acquainted with him many years later. Always missed, not least on here, where he was always a voice of reason. Although his jokes were AWFUL.

A top man. Knew him as a boy as he was one of my Dad's match going pals and was delighted to be re-acquainted with him many years later. Always missed, not least on here, where he was always a voice of reason. Although his jokes were AWFUL.

i think you're being kind ......... they were much worse

Back