• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If 23-6, what is going on!? Look like it's a fix to keep away the 30 plus "For" messages for new stadium plan. Saw the protest papers on dark blue SUFC walls, near Fossett Park, I tore it down ... who the **** they want to walk their dogs on the private land!!

Have people been using an online form to submit comments? If so, this may be the reason. It looks like maybe only 'documents' may be being uploaded - I.e. letters received in the mail or email, which can be printed and both scanned. Perhaps the online form comments don't get the same treatment?

Well done folks - positive published consultation responses on the Rochford Council site outnumber negative ones 14:1 in the last 24 hours. Keep them coming! :thumbsup:

We should probably leaflet the residents of Shakespeare Drive and Fairfax Drive - I'm pretty sure they would be delighted to support a stadium move :smile:

I've waited 10 years + for a Sainsburys. The last thing i want is an 'affordable' housing estate full of riffraff! :winking:

I wonder if there is a way to publicise this further and get our supporters behind this? I would imagine asking Chris Philips or any of the players to 'retweet' may be a problem for them?

Agreed. It's almost like we need some form of Trust or something for these types of situations that need the involvement of SUFC fans

We do listen - honest! It's on our website and has been emailed to all members.

http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/home.asp?page_id=779&nid=1515

Just checked and...

• Comments Received: 42
  • Objections: 30
  • Supporting: 7

:omg: :stunned: :omg:

(5 neutral people commenting)

I've just responded to the email I received from the council (charlottegalforg@southend.gov.uk) asking when I can expect the site to be updated with my supporting comment.

I'll post back here when I receive a response.

An update on the current Fossetts comments tally: 50 objections and 116 in support. "It's good but it's not great" as Roy Walker would say. Does anyone know when the closing date is for submitting comments and the relevant email address to send them to? I have finally had the time to put together a few sentences and would urge those who haven't done so already to just spend a few minutes and write or email the council. Let's push forward and maximise our support for the application. The 90 minutes isn't up yet.

Back