• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Prosser

It sounded very much like Newport had their minds elsewhere yesterday.To challenge higher up,I’m sure you’d need Innis fighting fit rather than nice chap Plodder.

'Colchester and Proud' currently with 13 likes with his positive comments about Luke; and yes there we are, "Zeuss" with zero likes for his nasty little dig at the same player. Doesn't that kinda tell you something?

'Colchester and Proud' currently with 13 likes with his positive comments about Luke; and yes there we are, "Zeuss" with zero likes for his nasty little dig at the same player. Doesn't that kinda tell you something?

I can guess - this a place for discussion and differing points of view and not a childish "social media" site where the need to be liked is reminiscent of an infant school playground. Am I close?

I can guess - this a place for discussion and differing points of view and not a childish "social media" site where the need to be liked is reminiscent of an infant school playground. Am I close?

No not particularly close. I was merely trying to demonstrate the pointlessness of continually slagging off a player, both during their time here and after moving on to another club. This particular forum I thought was set up to monitor the progress of former players, NOT to make cheap shots at an ex-player who to a tiny minority was not up to their international level standards. It just so happens that the best way of gleaning an overall opinion on this matter, is the "likes" indicator.

I do of course apologise RN, if I have in any way misused this site, and caused you any unhappiness.

No not particularly close. I was merely trying to demonstrate the pointlessness of continually slagging off a player, both during their time here and after moving on to another club. This particular forum I thought was set up to monitor the progress of former players, NOT to make cheap shots at an ex-player who to a tiny minority was not up to their international level standards. It just so happens that the best way of gleaning an overall opinion on this matter, is the "likes" indicator.

I do of course apologise RN, if I have in any way misused this site, and caused you any unhappiness.

There used to be a "red" button for people to use at their discretion but that was taken away. I think the likely explanation is that this software is from the United States of America. :sad:

There used to be a "red" button for people to use at their discretion but that was taken away. I think the likely explanation is that this software is from the United States of America. :sad:

No, there's never been a red "button", there is and has been for a majority of the time, the option to leave negative rep or Fasto points by clicking on the 6 pointed star at the bottom of a post and changing the "I approve" option to "I disapprove".

The fact that some posters cannot ever seem to get past their dislike of a player once they've left, and particularly in the case of Luke, who never gave anything other than his best here, is actually quite sad.

No, there's never been a red "button", there is and has been for a majority of the time, the option to leave negative rep or Fasto points by clicking on the 6 pointed star at the bottom of a post and changing the "I approve" option to "I disapprove".

The fact that some posters cannot ever seem to get past their dislike of a player once they've left, and particularly in the case of Luke, who never gave anything other than his best here, is actually quite sad.

Ah - thanks for that -a "disapproval" button - that sounds more like it - I have never used it I'm afraid.

Hang on a minute: hold your horses - now I've been given "negative rep" by Napster for discussing "negative rep". How does that work?

Just a reminder that I haven't said anything nasty about Prosser (in fact an earlier post on page 1 refers to him (Prosser) being a nice chap) - I was just making reference to the "world" of "likes" in "social media" and how artificial and juvenile that is.

Hang on a minute: hold your horses - now I've been given "negative rep" by Napster for discussing "negative rep". How does that work?

Just a reminder that I haven't said anything nasty about Prosser (in fact an earlier post on page 1 refers to him (Prosser) being a nice chap) - I was just making reference to the "world" of "likes" in "social media" and how artificial and juvenile that is.

its a tradition, poor old Fatso used to blitzed with red rep everytime he moaned about getting red rep....

Just an update for you, Luke has just signed a new contract to stay with Col U for another 2 years. We are very happy he has decided to stay, he is a very popular player with the team and fans alike. Did anyone see the wind up on Twitter the other day, Luke went abroad for his stag do dressed in a full Col U playing kit. The next day one of his party posted a picture of Michael Timlin posing outside their hotel wearing the shirt with the headline breaking news :smile:

No he had to use the outside bogs on the flight as well, he said they reminded him of Roots Hall:hilarious:
The thing is though CaP that even though Luke has signed a new deal, when he lines up in his next league game, it will STILL be in FL2. And yes, our bogs are bad, but they are bad FL1 bogs.:smiles:

Quite a few of our ex players have gone on that - would love to see that photo C&P!

Back