• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Prosser

Cockle43

Manager⭐
(Was) Back home on the North Bank now back in W.
Poor old Luke not having much luck on the injury front.

Having missed out on the end of last season from November onward after having to have a knee operation he has now had to have another and will miss the start of this season being out for another 6-8 weeks.:sad:

Poor chap not having a lot of luck with injuries, a big loss for Colchester and a loss for us when he left us, could of still done a good job for us in league one, wish him all the best:thumbsup:

Poor chap not having a lot of luck with injuries, a big loss for Colchester and a loss for us when he left us, could of still done a good job for us in league one, wish him all the best:thumbsup:

The only job Luke Prosser could have done for us in L1 would have been warming the bench.We did well to get rid.

And yes I agree with OBL that he was a nice bloke.That's not really the point though.

The only job Luke Prosser could have done for us in L1 would have been warming the bench.We did well to get rid.

And yes I agree with OBL that he was a nice bloke.That's not really the point though.

You are right of course but it's a lot better to be nice and it means something in the real world that exists off the football pitch for 90 minutes a week or so.

Not the most skilful but always put in 100% which is more than can be said by some of our current squad.

Just a quick update for any of you who might be interested in Lukes progress.

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport...nel_for_U_s_skipper_Prosser_after_injury_woe/
Thanks for that update. Oddly, I was looking for updates on what had happened to Luke on the internet last week and didn't find anything. I know I'm in the minority on this forum, but I had a lot of time for Luke when he was at Southend. I still think he had many more good games for us than poor ones and his approach and attitude were always of the highest order.

Thanks for that update. Oddly, I was looking for updates on what had happened to Luke on the internet last week and didn't find anything. I know I'm in the minority on this forum, but I had a lot of time for Luke when he was at Southend. I still think he had many more good games for us than poor ones and his approach and attitude were always of the highest order.

I think you're in the majority actually.

Couldn't agree more. Chipped in with goals, scored the winner on at least one occasion and I lost count of the amount of times he made goal line clearances, as well as putting his body on the line

I think you're in the majority actually.

Definitely, had a torrid start here but settled in to become a really reliable and solid player and was a genuinely nice bloke - one of the few players who would always stick his hand in his pocket to buy some raffle tickets at our Trust end of season awards night. Stephen Hendrie would do well to take inspiration from Luke's start.

I always thought he was unfairly treated and overly criticised by the fans. On his day he was a solid defender and possessed a very professional attitude. If he were fit I would have him in our team today before either of the current two centrebacks. It's laughable how he was binned and then we get this low level of performers.

I always rated Luke and was really miffed when he departed, as I was when Bolger got the push. Innis is doing quite well now also. Well done Phil

I always rated Luke and was really miffed when he departed, as I was when Bolger got the push. Innis is doing quite well now also. Well done Phil

I don't get the point about Innis. He dislocated his shoulder and went back to his parent club. What would you have expected PB to do?

A far as I remember Bolger was dropped because his form had dropped and Thompson was playing out of his skin. Apparently he then demanded to be in the starting 11. Frankly if I was manager I would also get rid of him for that.

Prosser was also kept out of the team by Bolger and Barrett who were making a great partnership. Remember the last games of the promotion season when we won 8 in a row without conceding? Prosser obviously couldn't see himself getting regular football with those 2 around and wanted to leave. There's not really much that PB could have done about that.

There's plenty that PB gets wrong (let's face it, he's only human) but I don't think this is one of them.

Last edited:
For any of you interested Luke played his first 45 minutes after over a year out today in a closed doors friendly against Orient. Hopefully this will be a start to full fitness I was beginning to think the poor guy would never play again.

Good stuff, always thought he was a good player, wish him the best as he makes him comeback to full fitness.

Back