• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'll check it out thanks.
I do have speedtest installed and have checked several times during live streams. The ping always is around 12 and my downlaod speed comes down a little to between 13 and 19 mbps

Yeah but a speed test will only check the connection speed, and the ping it gives is a very small sample, 10 seconds after the test you could have lost data for example.

12ms ping is good though, so if its a constant 12ms with no time outs that should be good.

Ok, I've run it in the command prompt and, yes, the ping does fluctuate. It went as high as 57 once and slightly lower a few times. Mostlly it was between 15 and 35

I should have read on a bit before replying :)

Yes thats fine, it will fluctuate at times, but if the average is between 15 and 35 with no time outs the connection should be fine.

Other things to check, when its running check the CPU usage etc make sure its not maxing out, but your notebook should be more powerful than a chromecast so shouldnt be struggling.

Id also check the browser, I couldnt get it working with chrome at all (although others swear it was the best one to use) so I used Edge myself, the only time Ive ever used it. Was ok on that.

I watched the last 2 games here in Portugal. From what I've seen the quality does go down in the 2nd half both games. I'm not too sure what kind of streaming they employ, but it does get worse 2nd half. When I have a moment I will give it a trace and see where the feed is routed from, being a IT professional etc. I have the tools

I watched the last 2 games here in Portugal. From what I've seen the quality does go down in the 2nd half both games. I'm not too sure what kind of streaming they employ, but it does get worse 2nd half. When I have a moment I will give it a trace and see where the feed is routed from, being a IT professional etc. I have the tools
Please do. That info could help a lot of us

I have no idea what most of you are talking about. I just click a button. If it works, great! :thumbsup::happy::smile:

I see Opera browser has a built in VPN. Anyone tried it on that?
I use Opera but can't log in to the website, I get a cryptic error: 'Unknown Protocol, Opera was unable to open the link since no application associated with "httpss:" protocol was found on your system'

I use Opera but can't log in to the website, I get a cryptic error: 'Unknown Protocol, Opera was unable to open the link since no application associated with "httpss:" protocol was found on your system'
It might work a bit better with Opera Developer, I could log in with that, the only download link I could find was here:

https://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera-developer/48.0.2679.0/win/

Actually off to the match Sat so I won't be able to test it.

Was watching (cringing) last Saturday and the quality certainly dipped as the game went on. Maybe it just reflects the quality of the team you support. It would make sense as, by the end of the game, it was quite unwatchable. ;-)

I received the same error, but managed to login after temporarily changing the settings to allow third party cookies. HTH.

I flagged up the Opera VPN possibility earlier in the thread, but I decided to be a good boy in the end and stick with a domestic customer subscription to iFollow, so I can't comment on whether or not it's working for live matches.

Did any of the other UK subscribers have audio problems in the 2nd half from about 50 minutes until about 80 minutes of the 2nd half. Mine get cutting out and losing audio, I kept having to refresh it, sometimes as often twice a minute.

Back