• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why shouldn't he like the tweet? People being like snowflakes again! It's an attempt to be humorous!

He probably 'unliked' when he realised it was Millwall. Can't blame him if it was that.

He probably 'unliked' when he realised it was Millwall. Can't blame him if it was that.
It must be difficult for whoever has the job of doing social media for Millwall. It's hard to tell if their posts are having an impact.

No-one likes them.

A Sheff Utd fan posted a tweet with a video of Rick Astley singing "Never Gonna Give You Up", tagged in Leonard and the official Sheff Utd Twitter feed, and said "this is the club's stance on Ryan Leonard right now". Leonard liked the tweet.

I'd get shot now. I don't think he wants to be here and to be honest I think he's being unprofessional now. I always thought he was a model pro and, although disappointed, would be able to knuckle down this season but from what I've seen now I don't think I could trust him. If he's that desperate to go then let him. I think he's silly as there is no guarantee that either interested club will be playing Chanpionship football for more than a season and we may even swap places with one or both, but let's be honest he's not the sharpest tool in the box on his own let alone with his agent in his earhole too. Let him go and take the money. And if it's Millwall, then request a part-exchange with Callum Butcher coming in the opposite direction.
he probably 'liked' it because he thought it was funny

Why shouldn't he like the tweet? People being like snowflakes again! It's an attempt to be humorous!

Even if that was the case and it was completely harmless (which I really doubt), he still shouldn't be liking stuff like that on Twitter when the speculation about his future is racing. It comes across as childish and unprofessional. Just keep your head down and steer clear.

Even if that was the case and it was completely harmless (which I really doubt), he still shouldn't be liking stuff like that on Twitter when the speculation about his future is racing. It comes across as childish and unprofessional. Just keep your head down and steer clear.

Liking on twitter is misnamed. It isn't like liking on Facebook or other social media. Most people 'like' something in order to archive it.

Liking on twitter is misnamed. It isn't like liking on Facebook or other social media. Most people 'like' something in order to archive it.

That is true actually, we've all liked something that someone has written, but actually you just want to say "**** off".

That is true actually, we've all liked something that someone has written, but actually you just want to say "**** off".

I don't use twitter but surely it would be easier to just say 'I like your tweet now **** off'?

The dude's liked and retweeted a load of stuff about Love Island as well. That must mean he's angling for a place on the next series...

It happens so many times when players are denied moves that their game drops off. He wants to test himself at a higher level - which player wouldn't? This might be his only chance of a move to the championship and of course he could earn really good money. He has given us five good seasons and developed into an excellent defensive midfielder. He doesn't have much creativity or an eye for killer pass he is brilliant at winning the ball back and covering runs. This is why the fee of around £500k is about right compared with £750k for Dack who has goals in him. There is no way he will sign a new contract here as he will never get away. The chances of getting promoted with us really are very slim. How many times as it happened in our history? Do the right thing by him and let him go and then get someone else in and do the same thing.

We need to let him go and move on. We have not been very good at letting players move in recent years - Mohsni, Ryan Hall - Payne and Bentley let their contracts run down.

We should let him go.....just a quick question how can a business that loses tens of thousands a month turn down half a million quid??? put something in the bank...and possibly more with add ons.

I think it is fairly apparent that the Club values Leonard at significantly more than £500k. with that being the case they probably don't see banking that sum as being a good bit of business.

I think it is fairly apparent that the Club values Leonard at significantly more than £500k. with that being the case they probably don't see banking that sum as being a good bit of business.

The club thought Mohsni was worth a lot more than £100k - another one they got wrong.

Half a million for a league one player with one year left on his contract....not too shabby in my humble opinion....or nothing next summer.

Half a million for a league one player with one year left on his contract....not too shabby in my humble opinion....or nothing next summer.

Or something in between in January, or lining up for Southend in the Championship next August. The possibilities are endless mate.

Or something in between in January, or lining up for Southend in the Championship next August. The possibilities are endless mate.
Or tearing a ligament and breaking something.:sad:
Risky business not signing a good deal that Ron has offered him; and then having also a release clause for an acceptable offer if we don't go up.

Back