• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Not much to report, so this will be brief. An 11 v 11 match, stopped every now and again for instructions from Phil Brown. Stand out performers today for me was McGlashan, best attacking player, Matsuzaka(Although still a bit green), Kyprianou and the star was Anton Ferdinand. Nothing got past him today. He even held up the game for about 30 seconds to give instructions, positional and such. He really takes everything very seriously on the pitch, which is good as he's a real winner. Definitely a coach or manager in the future. The good news is that Coker and McLaughlin were doing ball routines and fitness with a fitness coach. A quite intense session. They both looked fine, so expect them to play a game very soon. Didn't see Turner,obviously still injured, and no Nile Ranger. Not sure he's been released just yet. The players look a bit sharper and fitter from last time I went, so hopefully they will be spot on for the Blackburn game.

I think Ranger is doing a 7 day intensive personal fitness regime with a coach, away from the group, before even being reintroduced to the squad

Not much to report, so this will be brief. An 11 v 11 match, stopped every now and again for instructions from Phil Brown. Stand out performers today for me was McGlashan, best attacking player, Matsuzaka(Although still a bit green), Kyprianou and the star was Anton Ferdinand. Nothing got past him today. He even held up the game for about 30 seconds to give instructions, positional and such. He really takes everything very seriously on the pitch, which is good as he's a real winner. Definitely a coach or manager in the future. The good news is that Coker and McLaughlin were doing ball routines and fitness with a fitness coach. A quite intense session. They both looked fine, so expect them to play a game very soon. Didn't see Turner,obviously still injured, and no Nile Ranger. Not sure he's been released just yet. The players look a bit sharper and fitter from last time I went, so hopefully they will be spot on for the Blackburn game.

Watch out Phil he's after your job! :winking:

Correct. He's started giving instructions as well, and is mentoring some younger players.
He said at the end of last season that he was doing his coaching badges this summer and that he planned to play on for a couple more years before going into coaching full time so no surprise really.

The squad welcomed Timlin back after his spell inside so I cant see it being any different with Ranger .

The squad welcomed Timlin back after his spell inside so I cant see it being any different with Ranger .

Dunno. Ranger's crime is a bit more personal than a stupid driving offence. You can see the reaction of some on here and they're not a team mate.

Quite pleased with that. The four I said that stood out all start against Cambridge today. Also Coker and McLaughlin doing more fitness routines before the match.

Dunno. Ranger's crime is a bit more personal than a stupid driving offence. You can see the reaction of some on here and they're not a team mate.
I wouldnt call perverting the course of justice a driving offence.
He got points and a fine for the speeding. The jail sentence was for saying someone else was driving...

Back