• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top Six
Blackburn
Bristol Rovers
Oxford
Southend
Charlton
Wigan

Bottom Four
Oldham
Blackpool
Gillingham
Shrewsbury

And I have a feeling Bradford may have a shocker!

Scunthorpe were a surprise package last season before tailing away just at the end.

Anyone know if they have managed to keep the team together
? I would have thought at least a couple of players would have caught the eye of other teams with some cash to spend.
Yeah pretty much kept it together apart from the skipper Stephen Dawson went to Bury and Luke Daniels to Brentford. Main signings are Matt Gilks, Rory McArdle, Cameron Burgess, Funso Ojo a Belgium central defender not played in England before I don't think.

Wouldn't it be nice to actually win at Glanford Park for once!

Ah just seen Mattitouk mentioned some of the above in an earlier post.

Yeah pretty much kept it together apart from the skipper Stephen Dawson went to Bury and Luke Daniels to Brentford. Main signings are Matt Gilks, Rory McArdle, Cameron Burgess, Funso Ojo a Belgium central defender not played in England before I don't think.

Wouldn't it be nice to actually win at Glanford Park for once!

Ah just seen Mattitouk mentioned some of the above in an earlier post.

They've kept Josh Morris too which is the main thing. Graham Alexander is a good manager so I'd expect them to be challenging for the play-offs, maybe not automatic.

Scunthorpe last season stayed at the top for some while ......... and then just fell away and ended up in the play-offs.

I doubt Shrewsbury have a big squad and so the games might take their toll ..... and just like Fleetwood last season, they are winning goals by the odd goal. Good while it lasts.

I can't see the Bury manager lasting very long unless there is an improvement soon. They are away at Oldham tonight. A win for Bury and they are out of the bottom four. A win for Oldham and suddenly they are in the mid-table pack.

Oldham have already changed their manager along with Northampton and Gillingham. Shrewsbury did the same this time last season and see where they are now. Interesting (perhaps).

Scunthorpe last season stayed at the top for some while ......... and then just fell away and ended up in the play-offs.

I doubt Shrewsbury have a big squad and so the games might take their toll ..... and just like Fleetwood last season, they are winning goals by the odd goal. Good while it lasts.

Agree, I think Shrewsbury will fade soon. You look at their squad and it's a surprise they've done so well. They've been lucky with injuries so far and had a pretty settled team. They've got a good young manager in Hurst but I can't see them holding off the bigger boys like Wigan, Rotherham and Bradford for much longer. Could still be a good shout for the play-offs, though.

Be interesting to see how things pan out. I don't think we have enough in the tank to worry the top 6.

Gillingham already look in big trouble.

I've got a feeling it will be Wigan and Rotherham top 2 with a bradford charlton playoff final.

Agree, I think Shrewsbury will fade soon. You look at their squad and it's a surprise they've done so well. They've been lucky with injuries so far and had a pretty settled team. They've got a good young manager in Hurst but I can't see them holding off the bigger boys like Wigan, Rotherham and Bradford for much longer. Could still be a good shout for the play-offs, though.

I think they will hit bad form too at some point and drop away from the autos....but then that's exactly what everyone said about us when we won this division under Tilson.

Southend are winning games by the odd goal ,trouble is when we lose we lose big .:sad:

I think Wigan ,Blackburn,Charlton for Autos with Bradford,Scunthorpe,Portsmouth,and fingers crossed Southend if we can get our best eleven fit and playing. for the playoffs. As for relegation Gillingham if we can defeat them in the reverse fixture,Doncaster,AFC wimbledon,Walsall, really i have no idea on relegation, if Southend dont make the playoffs put in Oxford.

I think Wigan ,Blackburn,Charlton for Autos with Bradford,Scunthorpe,Portsmouth,and fingers crossed Southend if we can get our best eleven fit and playing. for the playoffs. As for relegation Gillingham if we can defeat them in the reverse fixture,Doncaster,AFC wimbledon,Walsall, really i have no idea on relegation, if Southend dont make the playoffs put in Oxford.
It's only the top two who go up automatically Wolfie.

Wigan are still looking good for promotion - with Blackburn and Shrewsbury close for 2nd.

It's down at the bottom where there have been some significant changes - Plymouth now 13th and Gillingham 10th! Wow - who would have predicted that a month or so ago.

Rochdale are doing well in the F.A. Cup but they will have a lot of games to get through in the next couple of months - including a fixture against us. :smile:

Another side to mention are Wimbledon who are going through a good patch and climbing away from trouble.

Just looking at our fixtures.

After the Wigan game, 5 of the next 6 are against sides in the bottom half with us, so there's some big 6 pointers to come.

I think we can write Bury off catching us and unless Rochdale win their games in hand, they have a lot of ground to make up, as well.

The rest is extremely tight, right up to Oxford in 12th position.

At the top, you'd have to fancy Wigan and Blackburn from here, but Rotherham and Charlton are hitting form at the moment and even Gillingham and Bristol Rovers look in good shape.

Back