• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blackburn look to have secured automatic with the 3-1 win over Posh.
At this important promotion clash, on a lovely warm evening the crowd was under 12,000: which is poor IMO. We might be getting close to that if we were in the push to go up?
I wonder how many more they will get next year in the Chumps?
Does this suggest FF "could" indeed be a true financial and supporting boom for us, when it happens.............

Sure it's been mentioned, but if we win and Rochdale or Oldham lose tomorrow, our League One status is confirmed for next season.

Blackburn look to have secured automatic with the 3-1 win over Posh.
At this important promotion clash, on a lovely warm evening the crowd was under 12,000: which is poor IMO. We might be getting close to that if we were in the push to go up?
I wonder how many more they will get next year in the Chumps?
Does this suggest FF "could" indeed be a true financial and supporting boom for us, when it happens.............

Maybe a lot of folk are still staying away because of the Venky's mob who own the club?

AFC Wimbledon V Oldham tomorrow is crucial. If we lose we could be in the ****, as I doubt we will get anything at Oldham or Bradford given our goal scoring record away from home. However I think Walsall are in greater danger with just 1 home game (Northampton tomorrow week) and three away games left. Northampton's last game is home to Oldham.

It's still all to play for.

Had a quick look at the relegation matches left and Northampton still have a good chance of survival, following back-to-back wins.

They have two six pointers left, away at Walsall and at home to Oldham on the final day.

Rochdale have two home games against play-off chasing Plymouth and Charlton, plus a trip to Oxford.

Oldham play us and Doncaster at home and that final day trip to Northampton.

Walsall have the Northampton home game, plus two away matches at Bradford and Fleetwood.

Wimbledon have a tough away game at Wigan, another trip to Doncaster and then a final day home match with Bury.

I think MK Dons are pretty much down and Gillngham are probably safe.

Looks like the two remaining places will go right to the wire!

For me, one of the most fascinating things is to see if Burton can actually avoid the drop. Back to back wins gives them a fighting chance of sending Barnsley and Bolton down. Burton v Bolton should be interesting next Saturday...........not for the faint hearted! :smile: Notts Forest will have their say in this as they are due to meet both Barnsley and Bolton

Likelihood of orange man returning to the Hall next season has all but disappeared. Not a win in seven and three defeats for Swindon. Don't understand that...............must be the players not making an effort! :winking:

At the foot of League Two, Chesterfield have gone, but Barnet are fighting hard and have dragged Morecambe into it.

Morecambe have Cambridge at home on Tuesday and if they fail to win then next Saturday's match is a real battle :-

Morecambe v. Barnet.

Barnet's last game is at home to Chesterfield, while Morecambe are away at Coventry.

Last edited:
Likelihood of orange man returning to the Hall next season has all but disappeared. Not a win in seven and three defeats for Swindon. Don't understand that...............must be the players not making an effort! :winking:

If he is - it wont be with Swindon 7 points behind the last play off place with 2 games left.

Last 8 with us: Won 1 lost 7. First 8 with them: Won 1 drawn 4 lost 3. That's 2 wins in 16.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...s_Town_must_show_more__know_how__on_the_ball/

Different club same post match analysis. Life is so much more enjoyable not having to listen to or read about him.

Had a quick look at the relegation matches left and Northampton still have a good chance of survival, following back-to-back wins.

They have two six pointers left, away at Walsall and at home to Oldham on the final day.

Rochdale have two home games against play-off chasing Plymouth and Charlton, plus a trip to Oxford.

Oldham play us and Doncaster at home and that final day trip to Northampton.

Walsall have the Northampton home game, plus two away matches at Bradford and Fleetwood.

Wimbledon have a tough away game at Wigan, another trip to Doncaster and then a final day home match with Bury.

I think MK Dons are pretty much down and Gillngham are probably safe.

Looks like the two remaining places will go right to the wire!

Walsall are in big trouble if they can't beat Northampton and Oztumer didn't even start yesterday.

Gills are 8 without a win -only 2 goals scored- away to Bristol R and home to Plymouth.

Rochdale 2 defeats in 13 might be a win short of staying up, however if they win at Oxford it pulls them back into it as their last game is at Blackburn.

As you say it will go all the way to the last whistle on May 5th- it's any 2 from 8. I'm just glad we're out of it and can relax!

At the other end Scunthorpe V Plymouth on May1st will probably decide the last play off place. Charlton v Blackburn next Saturday a hard game for Charlton.

3 of the top 4 are the teams relegated from last season with relegation favourites Shrewsbury interloping.
Of the previous season's teams relegated from the championship, Bolton went straight back up, Charlton could do it this year and MK Dons are dropping out at the other end. And from 14/15, Millwall and Wigan are/were back there.

Just shows how hard it is for anyone else to get promoted these days.

Agreed. That Scunthorpe v. Plymouth game is a massive match.

I hope Charlton don't make it. That's a good away trip for us.

On the subject of our division, I've just seen Bradford's injury time equalizer at Rochdale yesterday. The keeper! :facepalm::blush:

If he is - it wont be with Swindon 7 points behind the last play off place with 2 games left.

Last 8 with us: Won 1 lost 7. First 8 with them: Won 1 drawn 4 lost 3. That's 2 wins in 16.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...s_Town_must_show_more__know_how__on_the_ball/

Different club same post match analysis. Life is so much more enjoyable not having to listen to or read about him.

It's certainly true that Chris Powell is much more interesting to listen to/watch in his pre & post match interviews than PB ever was.

We've given Chris's mate Deano and Northampton a chance of escaping now. A win at Walsall and a last game of the season at home to Oldham.

Back