• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rochdale are at home to Wigan on Tuesday night, away at Northampton Town on Saturday (interesting game) then a Tuesday F.A. Cup replay and then at home to Fleetwood Town. Quite a tough schedule that.

Rochdale are at home to Wigan on Tuesday night, away at Northampton Town on Saturday (interesting game) then a Tuesday F.A. Cup replay and then at home to Fleetwood Town. Quite a tough schedule that.

And now the game for Tuesday with Wigan has been cancelled due to the pitch.

I reckon they (Rochdale) now have to play 21 games in the same time as we (Southend) have to play the remaining 17. That sounds quite a task.

The way things are going, our re-arranged match with them could be at the end of the season!

Should they get past Millwall, Rochdale have been drawn to play at home in the next round of the FA Cup also. There's every possibility that could be postponed also.

Looks like Blackburn will get promoted ...... and replaced by Accrington Stanley instead! Accrington at home to Blackburn would have been an interesting game .... like Burton v Derby County! :smile: :smiles:

And another northern game in the shape of Sunderland. It's going to be tough next season. :sad:

Looks like Blackburn will get promoted ...... and replaced by Accrington Stanley instead! Accrington at home to Blackburn would have been an interesting game .... like Burton v Derby County! :smile: :smiles:

And another northern game in the shape of Sunderland. It's going to be tough next season. :sad:

I seem to remember Sunderland playing at RH (in August) last time we were in the Championship.Don't think we've ever played them in L1 or even the old third division though.

I would rather it be two from Exeter, Wycombe or Lincoln coming up with Accers and Luton missing out.
Sunderland and Burton look already down and I don't have a preference out of Barnsley, Bolton or Birmingham - other than not liking Parky at BWFC and that it serves Brummies right for a silly messing about policy with manager changes.

I seem to remember Sunderland playing at RH (in August) last time we were in the Championship.Don't think we've ever played them in L1 or even the old third division though.

I remember going to Sunderland and losing 4 - (blank space) .... we didn't even deserve a "nil" rating. I remember the bus back to the park and ride car parks was as dismal and depressive affair. So room for optimism - it can't be so bad next time, can it?

I would rather it be two from Exeter, Wycombe or Lincoln coming up with Accers and Luton missing out.
Sunderland and Burton look already down and I don't have a preference out of Barnsley, Bolton or Birmingham - other than not liking Parky at BWFC and that it serves Brummies right for a silly messing about policy with manager changes.

Absolutely - Birmingham sacked a perfectly decently performing manager. I can see Bolton sinking back into the bottom four.

Good luck with that - they are both absolutely nailed on.

They were in the third tier in the 1987/88 season, as were we. First time we had played them - lost 7-0 at Roker and 4-1 at home :sad:

Sorry Leo, my poor punctuation. I needed a ; after Accers, who I hope do come up as Champs: with Luton to go crumbling away - unlikely but.....

Ah, makes more sense now!

Luton are surely up now - and as a local-ish one for me I'm quite glad they'll be joining us in League One. Even if the town is a dump and the ground even worse!

Accrington v Sunderland is a great David v Goliath fixture - hard to imagine a bigger contrast between two clubs in the same division.

Accrington with home crowds of 1300 v Sunderland who regularly take well over 5000 away - the Crown ground will be cosy for that one!

Accrington v Sunderland is a great David v Goliath fixture - hard to imagine a bigger contrast between two clubs in the same division.

Accrington with home crowds of 1300 v Sunderland who regularly take well over 5000 away - the Crown ground will be cosy for that one!

Not sure Sunderland regularly take 5,000+ for away games, they have not this season. Not many grounds can hold 5,000 away fans even in the Championship. After 19 away games Sunderlands away average this season was a good 1,705. Still more than Accrington home average mind you.

Would have to fancy Sunderland will be promoted back into the Championship at the first attempt, they still being paid big parachute payments for the next two seasons - £35m and £14m respectively.

Meanwhile at the base of our league Bury are doomed, Cobblers look to need a minor miracle not to be joining them.
All to play for for the final two spots between an "in form" Rochdale, and dropping like stones MK Dons and AFC W'dons; however if we get 3 points at Oldham then they could be back in the mix.
For me, and I know they are more local BUT I'd rather have MK and W'don drop out of our league;- neither seems a proper club where as Rochdale does.
Q? what happened to Bury's Chris Maguire? he seemed their best player against us and also good for Oxford when he was there last season?

Meanwhile at the base of our league Bury are doomed, Cobblers look to need a minor miracle not to be joining them.
All to play for for the final two spots between an "in form" Rochdale, and dropping like stones MK Dons and AFC W'dons; however if we get 3 points at Oldham then they could be back in the mix.
For me, and I know they are more local BUT I'd rather have MK and W'don drop out of our league;- neither seems a proper club where as Rochdale does.
Q? what happened to Bury's Chris Maguire? he seemed their best player against us and also good for Oxford when he was there last season?

Answer: Don't know. And Bury have Danny Mayor don't they? Perhaps worth looking at in the summer if he wants to stay in this division.

Interestingly both Oxford and Bury were quite favoured for promotion on this forum during the summer ..... strange how things turn out.

I am surprised with Scunthorpe dropping away ............ and a big well done to Shrewsbury - they have a decent run of games left and I wonder if they can keep it going.

On a purely selfish note, I'd like both MK Dons & Northampton to stay up, and to be joined by Luton. :winking:

Back