• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

VPNs to be banned in some Countries.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
VPNs are to be banned in Russia this year, and China in 2018. Both big brother Countries want to control information, news, social media and such, more than they do now. Russia has an election in 2018, and are taking control even more of their people. China is very soon going to ban Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. They have their own versions already set up, for example they have Youku, which is their copy of Youtube, but is watered down and monitored for content. English speaking websites are to be totally banned in China. Stopping the VPNs means that English speaking people will not be able to use a VPN to look at an English speaking website when visiting China. More Countries are expected to follow with a ban on VPNs.
What do you think?

Don't give Amber Rudd any ideas, she's already trying to ban encrypted messages because 'normal people don't need it', she'd love to go after VPNs.

How will families survive with having to speak to each other? How will kids survive in the fresh air?

Banning the internet outright and controlling what people see on it are two very different things, arguably the second is far more dangerous.

Last edited:
Yes.But it looks like employers have found other,more sophisticated ways,to control what their employees do.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/04/surveillance-employers-spy-implanted-chipped

Hmmmm, not a topic I'm enjoying as it would not surprise me if the company I work for opts for this. They took our Blackberries away for bring your own device or BYOD as Yanks just love to shorten things. I bought a separate second hand phone because, despite what they tell me, I just don't trust them not to snoop around my own phone to see what I get up to. They've saved money in Blackberry cost but my guess is they've tripled it in time wasted for people having to claim and itemise all their work calls. The reclaim process involves a chain of five people! So I use the second phone just for work emails and conferences and I now do wifi only calls or local calls under phone plan as a result I no longer have a mobile number for work as I refuse to give them my personal phone number. There is nothing on my second phone apart from the work suite and Skype and 1 other wifi call system not even games.

Facebook is banned at work but we are 'encouraged' to use an internal work equivalent I refuse because that is definitely a tracking device , I've had tha confirmed. We also are 'encouraged' to put work corporate communications on our LinkedIn profiles on a regular basis. You can guess what I do. I'm even wary about posting this on here. George Orwell was right. He got the year wrong but not the big brother sentiment or east vs west

Facebook, Youtube et al are already blocked in China and quite a few Chinese I know use VPN's to hop over the great firewall of China and access social media. I think Apple have now removed a lot of VPN apps from their Chinese store.

Some sites here are blocked here in Thailand too, Daily Mail being one of them but maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Back