• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leyton Orient

Is there a danger they could get relegated again? Surely that's goodnight Gracie if they end up playing semi-professional.

Orient live on BT Sport again tonight away at Tranmere. Kick off 7.45pm.

Matt Harold scores 1 nil Orient

Now 1-1

Last edited:
I've seen a few NL clips on Youtube, surprised they haven't done a bit better so far this season. I didn't expect them to bounce straight back at a canter but I thought they'd put everything in place to at least be close to the playoffs.

I don't think they are going to be as ridiculous as the Bechetti era, they are bringing in people behind the scenes first. Expect some surprises.

Told ya :winking:. Wish Danny Macklin all the best, did a good job here by all accounts and obviously why Orient made him an offer he couldn't refuse

Is there a danger they could get relegated again? Surely that's goodnight Gracie if they end up playing semi-professional.

I think you could be right MK, They lost again today to Macclesfield, an appear to be in freefall.

Currently no wins in 8 games, sitting 18th in the national league (possibly 19th if Flyde win their abandoned match against Maidstone, where they were 2-1 up).

A real big 6 pointer coming up again'st Gateshead on Tuesday night, followed by some tough games against Wrexham (3rd) Ebbsfleet (10th) & Dover (2nd).

Although it's still early days, as you mentioned, I reckon it will be "goodnight" for B'Orient if they drop down yet another division.

The club is sitting on some prime land in London, that developers would love to buy up to convert to apartments at a drop of a hat.

Not likely to get any on Saturday either against table toppers Dover. They haven't won in 12 games now, although after Saturday, they face the current bottom 3 sides (Chester, Torquay & Solihull Moors) so should pick up a few points there.

Lost to the bottom side Solihull Moors this afternoon.

Between now and February 2018, they have to face:

Sutton United (1st)
Maidstone (10th)
Dagenham & Redbridge (6th)
Bromley (7th)
Dagenham & Redbridge (6th) again
Boreham Wood (8th)
Halifax (17th)
Aldershot (4th).

Currently, on paper, it's not looking to good for them.

Last edited:
Mentioned this stat on the 'Justin Edinburgh' thread, but thought it worth adding here.

Apparently, since the end of the 2013-14 season, when Orient finished third in League One, the club have played 160 matches, had 11 managers and dropped 65 places in the football pyramid! :omg:

All i can say is Once upon a time the English were known for there humour and being able to laugh at themselves , seems this has died now ,please bring backSteptoe and Son , or Some mothers do have them ,or even Till death us do Part , teach the younger generation how to laugh.
:smile:

They're far from out of the woods yet, just 5 points & 4 places above the relegation zone with 8 games to go (and Barrow have 2 games in hand over them).

They have a real 6 pointer this weekend against Woking (just a place below them on goal difference) this weekend.

Their last 8 run in is:

H V Woking (18th)
A V Guiseley (24th)
H V Maidenhead (13th)
H V Barrow (20th)
A V Macclesfield (1st)
A V Hartlepool (19th)
H V Wrexham (5th)
A V Gateshead (12th)

Although the National league is difficult to predict, I can't see them getting wins at Macclesfield & Wrexham, maybe draws at Maidenhead & Gateshead if their lucky, and probable draws at Woking & Hartlepool.

Do you think they have done just about enough to avoid yet another relegation?

They're far from out of the woods yet, just 5 points & 4 places above the relegation zone with 8 games to go (and Barrow have 2 games in hand over them).

They have a real 6 pointer this weekend against Woking (just a place below them on goal difference) this weekend.

Their last 8 run in is:

H V Woking (18th)
A V Guiseley (24th)
H V Maidenhead (13th)
H V Barrow (20th)
A V Macclesfield (1st)
A V Hartlepool (19th)
H V Wrexham (5th)
A V Gateshead (12th)

Although the National league is difficult to predict, I can't see them getting wins at Macclesfield & Wrexham, maybe draws at Maidenhead & Gateshead if their lucky, and probable draws at Woking & Hartlepool.

Do you think they have done just about enough to avoid yet another relegation?

Certainly hope so.Theyre not (our real) enemies.Lighten up.

What do you mean "lighten up"?... It was a genuine question, looking at those fixtures ahead, do you think they have done enough to avoid the drop?

I've got nothing against them. Actually Brisbane Road holds a special place in my Southend Utd memory bank, as it was my very first away match my late father took me to.

To be honest, I would much prefer to have league away days at Leyton Orient, Dagenham & Redbridge, Col Ewe, Gillingham etc than some drab non existent northern town 4 hours up the M1. (as long as we always win :winking: )

Last edited:
Back