Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leyton Orient

Quote Originally Posted by Jam_Man View Post
    You would hope that they had learnt a lesson from trying to buy success.

See they were on TV again Saturday, its only September and they have had two TV Games, probably twice more than we will be on all season.

Good to see lower league getting coverage but something wrong when National league teams get more than the divisions above.
    I guess they're seen as as big fish in that league. A stinky old minnow elsewhere of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Jam_Man View Post
    You would hope that they had learnt a lesson from trying to buy success.

See they were on TV again Saturday, its only September and they have had two TV Games, probably twice more than we will be on all season.

Good to see lower league getting coverage but something wrong when National league teams get more than the divisions above.
    It's to do with BT Sport only having contracts for Premier and National League stuff, I guess, so they have to show some of that.

On Saturday I had the misfortune of having the BT Sport Soccer Saturday style thing on, while I listened to our match on the radio.

They had the usual suspects in the studio watching Premier League games, but out and about, they had a fella reporting live from Barrow v Torquay, no less. The updates everyone were waiting for!

Its great they have the National league, just annoying they have two divisions above when they barely show any games .

Ive watched the BT Score show, its normally Savage, Sutton and Hartson just arguing so tend to stay clear. Plus it winds me up when there is no Premiership games they dont even bother having a show.

I see Orient are playing Dagenham & Redbridge in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round!

I was going to re-start this thread at the weekend after their loss to the mighty footballing power house that is "AFC Flyde" . They haven't won in over a month, and I reckon Tranmere Rovers & Barrow is at least good for a draw. So hopefully things are on the up.

Is there a danger they could get relegated again? Surely that's goodnight Gracie if they end up playing semi-professional.

Orient live on BT Sport again tonight away at Tranmere. Kick off 7.45pm.

Matt Harold scores 1 nil Orient

Now 1-1
    Last edited by Up the Shrimpers; 04-10-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Orient lost 2-1. & drop down to 17th place in the conference.

I've seen a few NL clips on Youtube, surprised they haven't done a bit better so far this season. I didn't expect them to bounce straight back at a canter but I thought they'd put everything in place to at least be close to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Otto View Post
    I don't think they are going to be as ridiculous as the Bechetti era, they are bringing in people behind the scenes first. Expect some surprises.
    Told ya . Wish Danny Macklin all the best, did a good job here by all accounts and obviously why Orient made him an offer he couldn't refuse
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Is there a danger they could get relegated again? Surely that's goodnight Gracie if they end up playing semi-professional.
    I think you could be right MK, They lost again today to Macclesfield, an appear to be in freefall.

Currently no wins in 8 games, sitting 18th in the national league (possibly 19th if Flyde win their abandoned match against Maidstone, where they were 2-1 up).

A real big 6 pointer coming up again'st Gateshead on Tuesday night, followed by some tough games against Wrexham (3rd) Ebbsfleet (10th) & Dover (2nd).

Although it's still early days, as you mentioned, I reckon it will be "goodnight" for B'Orient if they drop down yet another division.

The club is sitting on some prime land in London, that developers would love to buy up to convert to apartments at a drop of a hat.

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Wow, Danny may well be regretting his move