• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It was probably a good time to play Blackburn, relegated teams often take a little while to adjust. Sheffield United started last season badly and Newcastle lost their opening two games as Mowbray said. Rotherham lost on Saturday too so hopefully that effect will last until Saturday at least!

Sheffield United did indeed start last season poorly but I'm not sure you can put it down to their relegation some 6 years earlier !

The ultimate in bad starts on being relegated to League One is of course Norwich who started life in this division with a 7-1 HOME defeat to, of all people, Colchester.

And still went on the win League 1 that season and if I am not mistaken.

Welcome Sheffield United or Blackburn fan.

Sheffield united won the league last season because they had a good manager. They spent 6 years in League 1 and are quite humble about it. Blackburn however, I can't see them going up (I suspect you're a Blackburn fan) so take a look at them. Know one who gets relegated to league one actually storms it in the first season. Wigan and Bolton went back up in the first season but Wigan are back again. I will wait to see what happens with Bolton.

I really hope John White see's a lot more first team action this season.
PB should take note of what a decent pro this bloke is.

To be fair, PB certainly did. In his post match interview, he started by saying that it was a great performance and that he did not want to single anyone out - but then went on to say how good John White had been.

Quite rightly. He was outstanding. How on earth did he win as many headers as he did? Yes, it was great team performance - especially in the first half - but my stand out players were JW and Lenny. For all those calling into question the latter's commitment and professionalism pre-season, I hope they will be prepared to eat some humble pie. That was a typical Lenny performance with a goal to add. :Worthy: That's great for us - and him as it will make him an even more prized asset. If he plays like that all season, he can leave the club with his head held high and will deserve the financial rewards that will come his way.

"Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton, Hendry, Dalgleish, Speedy, Newell, Batty, Fogerty your boys took a hell of a beating"

historical text

Was impressed with the work rate on Saturday.

Stand-out performers:

- MAF - put in a right shift, especially in the second-half.
- Knightly - his deliveries were immense. A real step-up. Could be worth 10 goals in itself this season.
- White - what an assured performance. True pro.
- McGlashan - never been my favourite, but looked like a different player on Saturday. That tackle in the second-half was immense and full of heart. Hope he can keep it up.

PS: If Bradley Dack is worth £750,000, well Ryan Leonard is worth at least three of him.

PPS: The Mulgrew free-kick reminded me of the Eastwood/Man Utd one

Great performance from everyone involved saturday - only minor issue i noticed was Oxley being a little hesitant... Smith looked so at ease against brighton but then again that was a friendly... hopefully that situation resolves itself in the coming weeks.

"Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton, Hendry, Dalgleish, Speedy, Newell, Batty, Fogerty your boys took a hell of a beating"

historical text
Not historical enough for me...Bill Eckersley,Ronnie Clayton,Brian Douglas,Derek Dougan,Damien Duff,Graham Le Saux,Graham Coughlan......I think I'll have to stop there!

Back