• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
Just to upset some of you,about being "tucked up"
The German team,in the the German second div..FÜRTH have been selling seaon tickets,standing,for only 130 euros!!
Thats 17 games...about 8 euros a game????
Fürth is a town next to Nürnberg,like Southend-Rochford,
BUt if you buy a season ticket ,you can travel on the (VGN) greater Nürnberg area to and from the game for nowt..
So to Nürnberg,its about,from where i live, 80 km(50 miles),so to Fürth add another 20 klicks??
How good is that,no wonder German football has such good crowds

Just to upset some of you,about being "tucked up"
The German team,in the the German second div..FÜRTH have been selling seaon tickets,standing,for only 130 euros!!
Thats 17 games...about 8 euros a game????
Fürth is a town next to Nürnberg,like Southend-Rochford,
BUt if you buy a season ticket ,you can travel on the (VGN) greater Nürnberg area to and from the game for nowt..
So to Nürnberg,its about,from where i live, 80 km(50 miles),so to Fürth add another 20 klicks??
How good is that,no wonder German football has such good crowds

What sort of crowd did Furth get today? I see they lost 2-1.
To be fair I think crowds at all levels in England are pretty similar to Germany and as you say we pay more.

Furth's attendance today v Armenia was 9,070. I wouldn't say that's brilliant for a tier 2 side that only charges 130 euros for a season ticket.

No,Fürth always live in the shadow of Nürnberg(FCN).
Would not like to think what sort of crowd they(Fürth) or even German clubs would get if they payed the prices you do in England.
Fürth have sold just over 5,000 season tickets.FCN (Nürnberg),who have the same deal,travel free,have sold 18,000 S.T.
But FCN standing tickets cost 106 euros,my seat ticket costs 260 euros.

If we sold tickets that cheap we would go out of business.

I get the argument at Premiership level where the TV money negates the need for high ticket prices, but at our level we rely on ticket sales.

I dont see it as overly expensive when you compare it with other activities.

I can take my family to a game for £44 which is the same as about same Id pay to take them over to the Imax or a trip to the sealife centre.

On the subject of foreign season ticket prices,I'm quite happy with the 370 euros (pensionista rate) that I'm paying this season for my la Liga season card at Espanyol (right on the half-way line and opposite the fat cats' stand).:thumbsup:

I think you will find their ticket prices right across the German leagues are very good value for money unlike a big percentage of ours mores the pity.:thumbdown:

Is Ozzie's post saying all german prices are that cheap or the team he watches?

Fürths tickets are cheap,even for Germany.
Quite a few clubs here do have free travel ,with match ticket,but FCN and Fürth area of travel is the biggest in Germany.
Bayern München tickets are more expensive and they have now stopped free travel.
Was at the Regensburg v FCN game last sunday,standing ticket 14 euros and free travel around the Regensburg area.
F

I went to a German third tier game last year on a stag. Tickets were about €10 I think on the terrace going up to maybe €24 in the main stand. Season tickets started at €120 for standing from what I recall.

Standard was lower than we're at though.

I went to a German third tier game last year on a stag. Tickets were about €10 I think on the terrace going up to maybe €24 in the main stand. Season tickets started at €120 for standing from what I recall.

Standard was lower than we're at though.

Indeed.

I went to Bremen a few years back. Paid €13 to stand on the main terrace, had a great time and enjoyed a few beers, but Franco Di Santo was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

Back