• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There have not been too many true Legends at SUFC but Alan Moody is definitely one of the most deserving of the title.

Very glad to have been able to contribute to what I hope is a very decent token of our appreciation.

Once again it's amazing how supporters far and wide pull together when needed.

Since our last update just 4 days ago the total raised so far for Alan has reached the £1,500 mark with £1,540 donated so far.

Full update here.

How much more to go?

Yorkshire, there is no specific target - we just want to raise as much as we can so it can go towards helping Alan get a specially adapted car (which no doubt will be a significant cost).

The amount raised online to date has been a superb effort, here's hoping for a great response tomorrow at the match day collection too.

The latest article to appear on the club website, today, was: https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2017/august/moody-blues-day--its-tomorrow/

An update will be issued asap after the game (we may need a day or so) regarding how the match day collection went.

Royalties for anyone buying 'Roots To The 92' will be added to the campaign pot for sales up to the end of this month. There are some copies available tomorrow on the Shrimpers Trust stand in the Shrimpers Bar under the East Stand, you can also get it online from Amazon.

There is also the cricket match at Rayleigh on Sunday too (see earlier post on this thread).

There should also be news coming soon regarding the opportunity to bid for a specially commissioned Alan Moody framed print.

Look out for the Moody Blues collectors resplendent in their t shirts tomorrow! DG8kJLOWsAEM0O0.jpg

Cheers

Andy

Truly an icon.Always enjoyed his near post back headers which always was effective.It's a pity we can't do the same today take note PB

Let's hope tomorrow is a huge success - see you tomorrow at 1 (if not before) Andy, and well done for all your efforts!

Will Alan be introduced on the pitch before the game? Don't usually take me seat until 5 mins before KO, but if he will be out there before then so will I.

Will Alan be introduced on the pitch before the game? Don't usually take me seat until 5 mins before KO, but if he will be out there before then so will I.
Alan is attending the following game v Rochdale, not today. We can then present him with a cheque etc. I will provide more details re that nearer the time on a separate thread.

Time for Moody Blues Day now!

Please all back MOODY BLUES DAY!!
Nobody - in 111 years of Southend United - deserves the support more than Alan Moody.

Alan played at Roots Hall in 255 games of his 506 total- more games than any one else has or will do - if you love Roots Hall please support Alan.

All I can say at this moment is just ...... wow!

The generosity of the Southend supporters (and those from Argyle too), their kind comments and overwhelming feel of appreciation for a true Shrimper legend today was fantastic

A huge thanks to all those that donated, online and at the match, and not least too to the great team of helpers.

I do not have a final figure yet to tell you - it is still being counted by the good folk at the Shrimpers Trust, but I do know it is a good sum that has easily exceeded what secretly I thought we might get (there was no target). I anticipate the Shrimpers Trust putting out an announcement sometime tomorrow.

There will then be more to come - I'll be off to Rayleigh tomorrow to support Lee and his pals at their cricket match and early indications are that their raffle ticket sales are going great.

There will then be sometime over the next week or so an auction for a specially commissioned print.

The online donation facility will be open for a bit yet, and Roots To The 92 book royalties to the end of the month will carry on being paid across.

Today has been a wonderful experience, I feel quite humbled by it all. We might not have quite done it on the pitch today, but off it you have all smashed it.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Back